The Student Room Group

WJEC English Language: Please mark :)

A TV programme has invited readers to give their views on the standard of programmes on TV. The magazine is offering a cash prize for the best response. Write your letter. (20) To be done in 30 minutes.

Dear Sir, Madam,
I am writing this letter to address my concerns about the quality of the currently aired TV shows, and also the TV shows which are made available online- enabling almost anyone with an internet connection to stream these videos endlessly.

We are all so accustomed to watch religious mockery, sexism, and racism all integrated into our TV shows, that we are beginning to become resistant to it. Only last week, was I be able to witness my brother indulging in a TV show, which apparently has been created for children, flashing nude images- only to be deceptively hidden by its cartoonish nature . How many of us would be happy to encounter scenes like these, merely, in a kid’s show? Even in the majority of news channels, which proclaim unbiased and truthful judgements, still seem to target and victimise a particular religion or a community. Despite their duty to be only to convey crucial information to us, we are bombarded daily by unneeded scrutiny of any controversial issue.

As the owner of a documentaries package with my TV subscription, I am charged around £8 extra with my bill every month. But, I am willing to put up with the price because I want to be empowered by knowledge and enjoy sensible entertainment. However, this does not seem to be the case as I am being forced to repeatedly watch the same low-definition programmes- again, and again, and again. Whereas, if I flick to one of the channels in the lifestyle category, as soon as a programme finishes, a new one begins to air the very next day.

Yours faithfully,

myname
Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
Not bad, Grade A. I'm doing WJEC aswell
Reply 3
Original post by JAIYEKO
Not bad, Grade A. I'm doing WJEC aswell

Thanks for the comment, how can I improve to get an A*?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending