Poll

Lennon or McCartney

Lennon or McCartney? Who's best? :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Neither

both annoying and whiney
Reply 2
Hmmm... McCartney.
McCartney's songwriting was to make money and wrote commercially "better" songs that would sell well and was the better musician. Lennon's songs had more meaning to them, mind you.
Whilst I like Lennon's solo work, I'd have to say I listen to much more McCartney than Lennon.

Oh, and Band On The Run > Imagine.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by yo radical one
Neither

both annoying and whiney

Neg.
Original post by ninuzu
Neg.

Lol can't touch me

The Beetles were only popular because of a lack of competition, had they existed today they would never have reached anywhere near the level of fame or success they did at the time.
Reply 5
Both are overrated
Reply 6
Lol can't touch me

The Beetles were only popular because of a lack of competition, had they existed today they would never have reached anywhere near the level of fame or success they did at the time.

Hahaha lack of competition? Have you heard of the rolling stones? The kinks? I could go on...
Better than all of todays rubbish that's for sure....
They're both nowhere near as good as people think, seriously overrated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by majmuh24
They're both nowhere near as good as people think, seriously overrated.

Posted from TSR Mobile

PRSOM

Word up *****

Original post by ninuzu
Hahaha lack of competition? Have you heard of the rolling stones? The kinks? I could go on...

None of these bands are notably better than any of today's popular chart artists

Honestly, I think people only listen to stuff like that to make themselves appear more deep and interesting
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9
LOL at all these people saying that they are overrated :rofl: Clearly completely unaware of the cultural impact the Beatles had.

I prefer Paul's Beatle work over John's, but like Lennon's solo work more....

Tie for me then I guess!
Reply 10
PRSOM

Word up *****

None of these bands are notably better than any of today's popular chart artists

Honestly, I think people only listen to stuff like that to make themselves appear more deep and interesting

What, so you think a band that wrote all of their songs and who each could play every instrument under the sun are no better than the autotuned, non-instrument playing, non song writing bands you get now....?
Lennon (just).
Reply 12
Lennon
Both Scousers of course.
Original post by ninuzu

If they were around today with the same fan base people would be complaining in the same way they do with one direction and justin bieber.
Lennon was more talented lyrically, McCartney was more talented musically. However, I would say Paul since his lyrics and music was slightly less drugs-influenced. Best Beatle would have to be George Harrison though, 'Something' is the best Beatles song.
Lennon definitely, his solo work is better and he strived to write songs with meaning and ones that were personal to him while McCartney wanted to write and make commercial music that would sell.
Needless to say, The Beatles are undoubtedly one of the worlds best bands and the impact their music had on British Culture was immense.
Lennon was a class man and may he R.I..P

One of the best songs ever,

[video="youtube;4vSWHkxZgOI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vSWHkxZgOI[/video]
Reply 17
Original post by tillytots
If they were around today with the same fan base people would be complaining in the same way they do with one direction and justin bieber.

No they wouldn't. Because one direction in particular don't write all their songs and don't play instruments. They are just a Simon Cowell manufactured band. The beatles were pioneers of music.
Original post by Should_be_studying
Lennon or McCartney? Who's best? :biggrin:

In The Beatles - McCartney

As a solo artist - Lennon

To get a drink with - McCartney

To have a deep conversation with - Lennon

Both are legends though!
Reply 19
Michael Jackson > Paul McCartney, John Lennon

Quick Reply

Latest