The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Kings college vs Cardiff

I've decided on my firm choice however I'm having deciding between KCL (AAB) or Cardiff Uni (ABB) as my insurance choice
-My teachers keep on telling me that picking KCL would be foolish as it's too high an insurance choice to have.
-Obviously KCL would have better job prospects (biochemistry) but how would they compare on the following?:
1) university feel/social life
2) accommodation- which is better? which is more likely to offer me accommodation as an insurance applicant?
3) sports facilities- does anyone know if they have athletic teams? (I couldn't find one on the KCL website)
Reply 1
What's your firm choice, and what are the grades you need for that? AAA or A*AA?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Катя
What's your firm choice, and what are the grades you need for that? AAA or A*AA?

It's bristol AAA (same as my predicted and AS grades)
Reply 3
Original post by golley1995
It's bristol AAA (same as my predicted and AS grades)

Choose KCL.
Reply 4
For 2 and 3, Cardiff. For 1, both universities have this, though probably in different ways.

Have you visited both? Which did you like better? Which has the course options that you prefer?
Reply 5
Original post by Crumpet1
For 2 and 3, Cardiff. For 1, both universities have this, though probably in different ways.

Have you visited both? Which did you like better? Which has the course options that you prefer?

I haven't visited either since I live in Dubai which makes it a hassle. I prefer the King's course as it has a study abroad option but my teachers keep telling me to choose Cardiff as King's is to optimistic. I know it's my decision but they probably have more experience with this stuff
Reply 6
Being truly honest with yourself, what grades do you think you will get?
Reply 7
Original post by Crumpet1
Being truly honest with yourself, what grades do you think you will get?

probably AAB
Reply 8
probably AAB

Well then, if Kings really is your second choice, insure it. If you miss both your firm and insurance there will always be Clearing.
Reply 9
probably AAB

Well then, if Kings really is your second choice, insure it, it's not that unsafe a choice. If you miss both your firm and insurance there will always be Clearing.

Quick Reply

Latest