The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
spamking
I'm 16 and need urgent work as I have NO work experience at all, I'm bored at home and I need some savings. I'm going to try McDonald's tomorrow, but the thing is I've never cooked before. Will this be an issue?

Thanks.

Is this a joke? :rolleyes:
Reply 2
No it won't be an issue. Anyway, you may never work in the kitchen you may be stationed at the front counter.
Reply 3
lapsaJ
Is this a joke? :rolleyes:

Why would it be a joke?
LOL!!!!

EDIT: "LOL!!!" doesnt quite cover it...
Reply 5
spamking
Why would it be a joke?

Have you ever stepped foot inside a McDonalds?
Reply 6
lapsaJ
Have you ever stepped foot inside a McDonalds?

I was thinking maybe it'd be possible to work at the counter:confused:
Reply 7
spamking
I was thinking maybe it'd be possible to work at the counter:confused:

You still didn't answer my question.
Reply 8
lapsaJ
You still didn't answer my question.

I dont have to.
Reply 9
Well you obviously haven't then. So do you know what they sell?
I don't think you need to learn how to properly cook to work at McDonald's.... they should provide adequate training if they think that you are suitable for the post.
Reply 11
lapsaJ
Well you obviously haven't then. So do you know what they sell?

Thats a tough one....hmmmmmm...err lets see, do they sell, err..computer parts?:rolleyes:

Thanks 'Danny5876' and 'verticalforce' for the decent replies.
Reply 12
spamking
Thats a tough one....hmmmmmm...err lets see, do they sell, err..computer parts?:rolleyes:

Thanks 'Danny5876' and 'verticalforce' for the decent replies.

Well you obviously don't then. If you knew what they sold you'd know they don't 'cook'. It's hardly rocket science throwing some fries into some oil is it? I wouldn't call that cooking personally.
lapsaJ is right, what they do in McDonalds isn't really cooking. The lettuce and the tomatoes come ready cut, as do the onions etc, so all you really have to do is throw the food on the grill and then assemble it. I wouldn't have thought it'd be a problem for you!
I worked in McDonalds for a couple of months and its bloody hard work in the kitchen when you are doing it for hours on end. As mentioned all of the parts come ready made, you just stick the meat into an oven/grill/fryer and put all the bits together. The worst thing is making fries and standing over the cooker all the time and scooping it - I had to do it once and could barely keep up, lol.
Reply 15
I hate McDonalds!
Reply 16
la_banane_verte
lapsaJ is right, what they do in McDonalds isn't really cooking. The lettuce and the tomatoes come ready cut, as do the onions etc, so all you really have to do is throw the food on the grill and then assemble it. I wouldn't have thought it'd be a problem for you!

Thank you!

jojo72
I worked in McDonalds for a couple of months and its bloody hard work in the kitchen when you are doing it for hours on end. As mentioned all of the parts come ready made, you just stick the meat into an oven/grill/fryer and put all the bits together. The worst thing is making fries and standing over the cooker all the time and scooping it - I had to do it once and could barely keep up, lol.

Hardly requires experience though?

wildfire
I hate McDonalds!

:five:
Reply 17
do you get good pay?
Baaaaaaahahahahahaaa.

On a serious note, you don't have to work in the 'kitchen', you can choose to work on the tills or maintaining the foyer.

If you want some sound advice - don't accept the job offer. Look for something better.
Reply 19
girl afraid
If you want some sound advice - don't accept the job offer. Look for something better.

Nuff said.

Latest

Trending

Trending