The Student Room Group

Am I pretty?

mi.PNG ri.PNG

In school I always used to get bullied and called names like 'half-cast' (referring to being both black and white). This wouldn't have been so hurtful if it wasn't for the fact that both my parents had split up when I was 10, and I've been living primarily with my white mother ever since, so I've never really felt black. But the white kids in school always rejected me as they didn't feel I belonged with them, and at the same time I didn't feel like I belonged with the black kids. I was going through a serious identity crisis which culminated in me attempting to take my own life several times.

Now I'm in my twenties and I have no self confidence. People try to tell me I'm pretty but that is not what I see when I look in the mirror. What I see is a fat arse and a black skin. I want to believe my friends but my history has made it difficult to.

So will you guys be honest with me? Am I actually pretty?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Mrs Bean
mi.PNG ri.PNG

In school I always used to get bullied and called names like 'half-cast' (referring to being both black and white). This wouldn't have been so hurtful if it wasn't for the fact that both my parents had split up when I was 10, and I've been living primarily with my white mother ever since, so I've never really felt black. But the white kids in school always rejected me as they didn't feel I belonged with them, and at the same time I didn't feel like I belonged with the black kids. I was going through a serious identity crisis which culminated in me attempting to take my own life several times.

Now I'm in my twenties and I have no self confidence. People try to tell me I'm pretty but that is not what I see when I look in the mirror. What I see is a fat arse and a black skin. I want to believe my friends but my history has made it difficult to.

If that ain't pretty, I don't know what pretty is. Your stunning!
Reply 2
This has to be a troll thread. The girl in those pictures is 10/10.
You're absolutely gorgeous :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
'wood smash' is probably what I'm thinking right now :bigsmile:
Original post by SSS_JJJ
If that ain't pretty, I don't know what pretty is. Your stunning!

Original post by pane123
This has to be a troll thread. The girl in those pictures is 10/10.

Want a glass of water, lads?
Does this still happen at school? In this day and age? It's really hard for Londoners to imagine this sort of stuff being real.
I'd do anything to be as beautiful as you! Swear down! Keep your head high and whenever anyone says something good about you take note, write it down in a book if you have to, then look back on it when you're low, instead of saying no I'm not when people compliment you, say thank you and smile, you'll start believing it soon enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Yes, very. Don't let muppets get you down.
OP stop stealing pics
Reply 10
I have to imagine you get hit on pretty often, I fail to imagine why guys wouldn't hit on you... Low self esteem isn't pretty though...

Now I'm in my twenties and I have no self confidence. People try to tell me I'm pretty but that is not what I see when I look in the mirror. What I see is a fat arse

A fantastic arse more like, give yourself some credit...
Reply 12
mi.PNG ri.PNG

What they did is called racism, you don't need to be ashamed because of who you are. Race doesn't determine how good looking you are, but as a person you are beautiful. Be more confident and believe in yourself more. Don't let people bring you down, especially not because of the colour of your skin.
There's no rain forecasted, but you may be getting wet tonight. :sexface:

Seriously you are ****ing gorgeous. This has to be a troll.
Reply 14
Reply 15
Original post by The_Dragonborn
There's no rain forecasted, but you may be getting wet tonight. :sexface:

Seriously you are ****ing gorgeous. This has to be a troll.

It definitely is. The girl in the pictures is model material and ooooh dat ass.
Yes you're very attractive. Especially that smile, keep it up! But I think you need more emotional security than being told you're stunning
You're nice looking :biggrin:
X

Well its really hard to define someone pretty but personally I wont classify you as pretty. But you are smoking hot! :wink:
Reply 19
**** them, you're beautiful :smile: bet they were jealous

Quick Reply

Latest