The Student Room Group

Short story ideas ?

I have to write a short story with a twist for an English assessment. I've been trying to think of ideas for weeks but I haven't really been able to think of any good ones :frown:

I literally only have like one good idea: a shy girl who prefers her own company than others, someone who would rather stay in on a Saturday night than go out. Her dad passed away/ran away and he one famous, and people knew that the girl's dad was famous but she didn't. She thought she was just an ordinary teenage girl but was actually the daughter of a celebrity and then she ends up being filmed and becoming a celebrity and doesn't want to live this way. That could be the twist ?

I have no idea if this is a good enough story or interesting enough but it's the best I can think of. I'd appreciate it if anyone has any better ideas or could advise me on my idea, thank you :smile:
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
Hi! One idea I had but never used was to write from a secret and unusual perspective that you only reveal towards the end of the story, for example, from the view of the dead father or from the person filming the girl?
Or if you want other ideas I used stories I liked for prompts for my assessments. For example, I used the story of Tristan and Isolde from the Arthurian legends for the love letter one I had to write, and the relationships from Rizzoli&Isles for my conflict piece. Obviously you have to be really careful not to plagiarise but TV and books can be really good starting points!
Hope this helps, and good luck!!! X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending