The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

Anyone received an offer from U.W.E for Occupational Therapy 2014?

Hi, I attended an interview at U.W.E on the 2nd April and have been on tenterhooks ever since. Has anyone else got an offer or a rejection from UWE? Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by joolzie
Hi, I attended an interview at U.W.E on the 2nd April and have been on tenterhooks ever since. Has anyone else got an offer or a rejection from UWE? Thanks

Hi joolzie, I had my interview this week (16th) and am now waiting too. Hopefully we'll here soon, I loved it there and really want to make it my firm if I get an offer. Good luck :smile:
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Hey i had my interview back in March and am still waiting very anxiously as UWE is my favourite by far! Universities have to reply my 8th May and UWE said they leave it until may to get back to applicants so assume we will be waiting until the very last minute :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
thanks for your messages girls :smile: i'll just have to be patient then, and try not to implode before the 8th may :smile: good luck to everyone reading this :smile: let me know if you hear anything and i'll do likewise :smile:
Hi, I got an offer for OT at UWE. My mentalitity was to not think about it too much. If it's a decline just do plenty of volunteer work and apply again next year!

Good luck! I
That makes me even more nervous knowing that other people have got offers ahhhhg

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
They said it could take till May in my interview but they'll let you know either way.

Good luck.
Reply 7
Heard back via UCAS late this afternoon - and I have a conditional offer! :biggrin:

I am sooooooo excited, as this was far and away my first choice, will firm up as soon as I decide which to put as insurance. Just have to keep my head down and study really hard for the next month as I have to complete my access course by the end of May.

Good luck joolzie, JessieAmy and anyone else still waiting to hear - shouldn't have much longer to wait.
Heard from them aswell but unfortunately got rejected which im extremely gutted about. Well done and hope you enjoy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
i got rejected too :frown: got into northampton though :smile:
Original post by matthieucroissan
Hi, I got an offer for OT at UWE. My mentalitity was to not think about it too much. If it's a decline just do plenty of volunteer work and apply again next year!

Good luck! I

Hi Matt, I'm Annie and have also received an offer for OT at UWE for 2014. Do you know if anyone has set up a Facebook group yet? If not, shall we, and try and get to know a few others on the course before September?

Congratulations btw!
Original post by EmmieJay
Heard back via UCAS late this afternoon - and I have a conditional offer! :biggrin:

I am sooooooo excited, as this was far and away my first choice, will firm up as soon as I decide which to put as insurance. Just have to keep my head down and study really hard for the next month as I have to complete my access course by the end of May.

Good luck joolzie, JessieAmy and anyone else still waiting to hear - shouldn't have much longer to wait.

Hi Emmie, congratulations on getting your offer for OT at UWE. I have one too! I'm Annie. Would you be interested in joining an FB group for 2014 freshers if I set one up? Be great to get to know each other a bit before September.

:smile:
Original post by AnniePurps
Hi Matt, I'm Annie and have also received an offer for OT at UWE for 2014. Do you know if anyone has set up a Facebook group yet? If not, shall we, and try and get to know a few others on the course before September?

Congratulations btw!

Hey! Yeah, set it up and let me know the name. Congratulations too.
Hi Matt, one of the other ladies on here set a group up yesterday, search for UWE Occupational Therapists 2014 on FB. When did you have your interview at UWE? Mine was 19th March and there were a couple of nice lads there, wondering if one of them was you. Seem to remember that one of them lived in Bristol, as you do.

Annie :wink:
Facebook group for anyone starting OT this September :smile:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/505377992865351/?fref=ts
Hi Matt, one of the other ladies on here set a group up yesterday, search for UWE Occupational Therapists 2014 on FB. When did you have your interview at UWE? Mine was 19th March and there were a couple of nice lads there, wondering if one of them was you. Seem to remember that one of them lived in Bristol, as you do.

Annie :wink:

Hey, yeah I was there on that day. Blue shirt and bad hair? Jon was the other guy and I think he would have gotten onto the course too.
Original post by matthieucroissan
Hey, yeah I was there on that day. Blue shirt and bad hair? Jon was the other guy and I think he would have gotten onto the course too.

Ah brilliant, really pleased for you. I was the really old, big (but beautiful) lady from Swindon. Yeah, Jon was brilliant too, sure he would have got an offer. See your cunning plan of being male worked! Check out FB and see you in September all being well.

Annie x
Reply 17
Before I ask admissions, does anyone know how many weeks the course is, is it 30 or more? I need to do my NHS finance / bursary application and think I will need to know that. Also anyone already filled there application is, anything tricky about it I should be aware of?

Original post by EmmieJay
Before I ask admissions, does anyone know how many weeks the course is, is it 30 or more? I need to do my NHS finance / bursary application and think I will need to know that. Also anyone already filled there application is, anything tricky about it I should be aware of?

Hi Emmie, filled my out a couple of weeks ago and pretty sure it was 38 weeks, I phoned up admissions to ask. My application needed lots of evidence to be sent off because I have kids and am separated, so it just depends on your circumstances really.

When it asks about placements, admissions advised to just put that you are based at university as obviously they don't know where ours will be yet.

Hope that helps

Annie x
Reply 19
Hi Emmie, filled my out a couple of weeks ago and pretty sure it was 38 weeks, I phoned up admissions to ask. My application needed lots of evidence to be sent off because I have kids and am separated, so it just depends on your circumstances really.

When it asks about placements, admissions advised to just put that you are based at university as obviously they don't know where ours will be yet.

Hope that helps

Annie x

Thanks Annie, I'll double check with admissions if it isn't the standard 30 weeks, just to be sure.

Quick Reply

Latest