The Student Room Group

How do you enjoy yourself at a nightclub?

Hi,

I've only been a few times and they weren't the best. But my friends love going and I want to enjoy it but I feel like I'm doing something wrong... What is your normal routine when you hit up a club?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

How much are you willing to drink (if at all)?
If you half a brain clubbing is a complete waste of time and a very anti social activity.
Reply 3
What don't you enjoy about it?

The combination of drink, music that you like and people you get along with usually results in a good night for me.

It helps if you're in the mood for it as well, I'm usually quite looking forward to it/excited about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have one Vk/WKD (i'm the normal driver) and then I get on the dancefloor and dance for the next few hours :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by Autistic Merit
How much are you willing to drink (if at all)?

I'm up for getting drunk

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by corax
What don't you enjoy about it?

The combination of drink, music that you like and people you get along with usually results in a good night for me.

It helps if you're in the mood for it as well, I'm usually quite looking forward to it/excited about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I don't drink enough haha... Love to drink though... What do you have?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
In truth no one does. Loads pretend to though.
Reply 8
Original post by kunoichi
I have one Vk/WKD (i'm the normal driver) and then I get on the dancefloor and dance for the next few hours :biggrin:

Brilliant!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Old_Simon
If you half a brain clubbing is a complete waste of time and a very anti social activity.

Ok

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you drink. Then get drunk (butnot like collapsing drunk) and spend the whole night dancing, making new friends :smile:
If youdon't drink then dancing may get boring after a bit . Go with a huge group of friends :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
drink,good company and good music. Done.
I go up to girls and say this:

"There's no rain forecasted, but you may be getting wet tonight."

Works every time.
Reply 13
Original post by Old_Simon

This.

Almost any other form of getting drunk is social in a sense, but I fail to see how going to nightclubs is anything other than anti-social.

Don't mix beer and spirits.

You will have your own preferences but stick to just one or two types of drink and just keep having loads of them. Popular drinks include rum & coke, SoCo lemonade, Jagerbombs, vodka energy and tequila shots.

I guess that only works if you really like to dance :colondollar:
Original post by Inieiunio
In truth no one does. Loads pretend to though.

This is true. Sober, they are awful places. Drunk, well, you're drunk so you don't care.
Reply 17
Different nights differ. If I'm just going on a standard night out then a lot of drink and general ****ery is involved but if it's a music night i'll be more into it, I often get bored on normal nights out tbf
Reply 18
Original post by DJMJ
I think I don't drink enough haha... Love to drink though... What do you have?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whatever's cheapest usually :tongue: There's a place I go mostly for drinks because the shots are £1. I usually drink vodka or rum with coke/lemonade as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Get out, leave and find a better way to spend the night.

Quick Reply

Latest