The Student Room Group

BMW 7 Series E38 (1994-2001)

The BMW 7 series is an intimidating and imposing saloon up to almost any task. It has the space for a mob of henchmen, even an expanding one, and the boxy old school look that any retro car lover would admire. It packs a punch too with its 4 litre V8 petrol engine which perfectly compliments that old school look. What more could you want from a car than both performance and presence? Best of all, this motor is German, rear wheel drive, engineered with the driver in mind and is therefore perfectly suitable to late night street racing and will gain you instant respect amongst rival gangsters and females alike.

This is the sort of motor I am going to go for and fortunately they are available for a steal these days with low mileage models available for under £2,000. The beautiful red compliments the interior and ensures this will look great outside anyone's home. This attached example show cases how it is possible to obtain a real 90's German baller saloon for less than a months salary. This example in dark green long wheelbase will look stunning taking corners at high speed in late night street racing. http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201403282885033/sort/priceasc/usedcars/page/1/make/bmw/postcode/ox93at/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/model/7_series/radius/1500/price-to/4000/maximum-mileage/up_to_100000_miles?logcode=p
Reply 1
Had one of those. It was OK I suppose.
If you're seriously looking for one, check the front end... they have a habit of snapping front springs.
There's nothing remotely "sporting" about them, though. "Land barge" would be an appropriate description. :wink:

This was mine...

Original post by JC.
Had one of those. It was OK I suppose.
If you're seriously looking for one, check the front end... they have a habit of snapping front springs.
There's nothing remotely "sporting" about them, though. "Land barge" would be an appropriate description. :wink:

This was mine...

If you were in the market for a 4 door saloon, would you take a late 90's 728 or a Passat ?
Reply 3
Original post by traintracks1995
If you were in the market for a 4 door saloon, would you take a late 90's 728 or a Passat ?

Neither.
My pal has a Passat and I've seen the big bills he gets ALL the time. A 7 isn't really that exciting and they aren't cheap to repair.

Jaguar XJ for the larger car or a 5 series for the mid size would be my choice.

It's up to you how you spend your own money, though, eh. :wink:
Original post by JC.
Neither.
My pal has a Passat and I've seen the big bills he gets ALL the time. A 7 isn't really that exciting and they aren't cheap to repair.

Jaguar XJ for the larger car or a 5 series for the mid size would be my choice.

It's up to you how you spend your own money, though, eh. :wink:

I just really fancy an E38 for it's old school looks. But I don't want to buy a money pit, when the Passat is pretty frugal to run. How about a 90's Jag XJ? Any good or is that a money pit ?
Reply 5
I wouldn't say the E38 looks old enough to be considered old school. It just looks like a dated BMW now.

Get an E34 or E30
Reply 6
Yuck disgusting junk car that should be shredded.

Also when it comes to luxury cars I rather it be the absolute top of the line or nothing at all, nothing says I've not made it yet than buying a 730iL :smile: Therefore only a 750iL or the 760iL would do in this class of car, the pure joy of that V12 is just irreplaceable, though admittedly I wouldn't be enjoying it all that much as if it is this class of car I prefer being chauffeured in.

Personally prefer the lines of the 6-series and the first generation 7 series which has really clean lines.

Subsequent 7 series, E65 had lots of good engineering to it shame the Chris Bangle butt.

I'll have the F03 760Li with a chauffeur please :smile:
Original post by Alfissti

I'll have the F03 760Li with a chauffeur please :smile:

I'm happy to be your chauffeur if you can offer me a pay rise

Yeah the big one is overpriced. But I'd still love to own it (money no object)
Reply 11
Original post by Alfissti
Yuck disgusting junk car that should be shredded.

Bull. :rolleyes:
Reply 12
Original post by traintracks1995
I'm happy to be your chauffeur if you can offer me a pay rise

I only hire ex-HM Forces as chauffeurs and usually only if they are older than 35 for males and 30 for females.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending