The Student Room Group

what makes a man weak?

The last century has brought upon a rise of needy insecure emasculated and emotionally volatile men who make their partners feel that they are dating a child. I am frankly one of them.

Define the traits of said omega male.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The subservient male is not a product of feminism or the last century. The nature of dominance and submission is probably as old as the human race itself; it makes sense that some people were stronger than others, and that they had more power than others.

"Weak" is only applicable in relative terms. There are certain women out there who could make me weak probably; but not all of them can. Not all women are created equal.
Skinny arms, no protein, no gym membership.
Reply 3
Low Bone density.
Reply 4
Making whiny threads on TSR, all the time...
Inability to fight/stand up for oneself during confrontation.
What makes a man weak

1) the person that abuses women

2) the man who cannot speak to support or defend his wife or partner

3) the one who cannot tell the truth
And conceals his true identity

4) the one who cannot ask for her hand in marriage if he claimed he was 'in love' and 'liked' her.

Posted from TSR Mobile
someone who is scared to stand up for himself (or others)
someone who is scared of fighting or bad at it
someone who isn't very strong (obviously)
(I personally wouldn't say someone who is "immoral" is weak, for example)
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1397852993.181244.jpg

He's a man !

Strong one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Actually the behavioral traits or the reasons why he has those traits (low T)

http://www.globalresearch.ca/health-and-the-environment-testosterone-levels-fall-worldwide/30129

It's strange, high testosterone doesn't necessarily make a person violent or aggressive either, it boosts mood and helps focus.

Original post by Revisiontimecats
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1397852993.181244.jpg

He's a man !

Strong one

Posted from TSR Mobile

Looks like a massive pussy to me

:colondollar:
Allah's Apostle (pbuh) "The strong is not the one who overcomes the people by his strength, but the strong is the one who controls himself while in anger."
Reply 11
Original post by yo radical one
Actually the behavioral traits or the reasons why he has those traits (low T)

http://www.globalresearch.ca/health-and-the-environment-testosterone-levels-fall-worldwide/30129

It's strange, high testosterone doesn't necessarily make a person violent or aggressive either, it boosts mood and helps focus.

Looks like a massive pussy to me

:colondollar:

Yeah that's why I've booked a test for T a week on Mon bro :-)
Whining chronically about his life and doing nothing about it.
Original post by Riku
Yeah that's why I've booked a test for T a week on Mon bro :-)

Would you be willing to share your results?

Obviously it is always your choice
Getting kicked in the balls

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by Riku
The last century has brought upon a rise of needy insecure emasculated and emotionally volatile men who make their partners feel that they are dating a child. I am frankly one of them.

Define the traits of said omega human being.
(amended)

Come on Riku - you're not going to self-improve by beating yourself up. :redface:

To answer your question, "what are the qualities of weakness in adults?": hatred, lack of self-control, cowardice (this is not the same as being scared), envy, possessiveness and cruelty. Manhood is not the direct opposite of womanhood per se but rather is the opposite of childhood. In all honesty, your first paragraph isn't all that accurate, masculinity hasn't gone but is merely changing as it has always done. You crave simpler times that didn't exist.
Reply 16
Original post by Meyrin
Whining chronically about his life and doing nothing about it.

Currently preparing for finals and seeking a teaching placement after graduation (touch wood)- one already in mind.
Applying for Camp America in 2015 if all goes to plan-would do this year but my grad ceremony clashes with the placement!
Have discussed re referral for therapeutic intervention with counsellor especially regarding limiting dependency and neurotic compulsions.
Some headway with fitness...slight setback on behalf of Easter eggs from friends and relatives :-P
Reply 17
Original post by Riku

Define the traits of said omega male.

Men who still believe that 'Alpha' and 'Beta' is an appropriate way of classifying themselves, and who believe that men who show emotions seriously need to 'man up.'
Reply 18
Original post by Comus
(amended)

Come on Riku - you're not going to self-improve by beating yourself up. :redface:

To answer your question, "what are the qualities of weakness in adults?": hatred, lack of self-control, cowardice (this is not the same as being scared), envy, possessiveness and cruelty. Manhood is not the direct opposite of womanhood per se but rather is the opposite of childhood. In all honesty, your first paragraph isn't all that accurate, masculinity hasn't gone but is merely changing as it has always done. You crave simpler times that didn't exist.

Interesting list. Yeah I don't mean to be sexist and almost invariably do :-o

I beat myself up to acknowledge them? Hmm

I don't crave simpler times, I'm one of the least traditionally manly guys you'll meet :-P

So what is cowardice? That's a great point btw, relates to my related thread 'what is the difference between worrying and whining'
Reply 19
Original post by Riku

So what is cowardice? That's a great point btw, relates to my related thread 'what is the difference between worrying and whining'

Cowardice: not facing up to your fears and running away (metaphorically or physically) and that includes fears of showing emotion and being perceived as weak - hiding behind a false stoicism, though a moderate does of stoicism is perfectly healthy.

Quick Reply