The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Hair salons

Scroll to see replies

The best place I've found is Etienne on Division Street. They're not expensive, and they're really friendly in there. I broke my wrist a while back and couldn't dye my hair, and they dyed my hair using my own hair dye for me, and then they styled it really nicely too. Plus they're the only hair dressers I've been to where when I ask for the ends to be trimmed, they just trim the ends, not take an inch or so off!!

I've been to many hairdressers around Sheffield, and they are by far the best I've been to. They get my full recommendation.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Don't get my started on how appalling Toni & Guy are. I would rather cut my own hair with a pair of nail scissors :rolleyes:

There was a thread dedicating to the hatred of Toni & Guy on here a while ago, think it was titled "death to Toni & Guy"!!!!!! :p:
has anyone been to Taylor taylor? I got a £10 off voucher there during freshesr week and i need a cut!
Reply 23
I went to La Coupe this morning and I am really happy with what I got. £45 for a cut, colour and blowdry. I can deal with that. I'd definitely recommend them.
LauraLee
has anyone been to Taylor taylor? I got a £10 off voucher there during freshesr week and i need a cut!

Taylor Taylor is an excellent hairdressers :smile:

Just a quick note about Etienne that TheCanadian mentioned ... a friend of mine had to be given everything for free because they coloured her hair but started about an inch away from the roots ie looked worse than before as it was now blonder so emphasised the roots even more, and they cut her hair so badly.
The manager wouldn't relent at first though, wouldn't even admit a bad job had been done by one of her staff, which I think is bad enough in itself; you have to look after your customers, especially when they are unhappy.
However this is a one off experience and maybe with a bad stylist - moral of the story, stick up for yourself if you are unhappy with what they have done, and get it sorted or dont pay and go elsewhere and get someone else to sort out the mess!
La Coupe....£32.50 for a semi perm hair dye...you must be joking!!!! Thats with student discount!!!!
Alot of people say Halo is the best hairdresser. The one on division st. Saying this though, ive never been to have my hair cut there. Alot of my mates go though and insist its the best. I think it also depends who you get cutting your hair though. The trainee or lesser experienced stylist isnt going to be as good as the guy whos been cutting hair for 30 years. I think you can pay extra at Halo though and get a more experienced person.
DenningsWig
Alot of people say Halo is the best hairdresser. The one on division st. Saying this though, ive never been to have my hair cut there. Alot of my mates go though and insist its the best. I think it also depends who you get cutting your hair though. The trainee or lesser experienced stylist isnt going to be as good as the guy whos been cutting hair for 30 years. I think you can pay extra at Halo though and get a more experienced person.

My friend works there! :smile:
She's a very good hairdresser :wink:
Reply 28
bump because it's been over a year! I want to go to a hairdressers in Sheffield that isn't intimidating, and that's fairly cheap. I don't want anything fancy done to my hair, just an inch or so taken off, and I don't want any trendy, funky salons. Somewhere friendly and 'basic' that can do a good, simple cut. Any ideas?
Reply 29
La Coupe on Division Street or in Orchard Square charge £20 for their lowest level hairdresser (that price is after the 20% discount), and I'd recommend them as well :smile:
Hairdressers along Eccleshall Road I suspect might be a bit cheaper as they're not city centre.
Reply 30
taylor taylor are really good, i've been going there for 2 years now and they always do a good job
Reply 31
What is the normal price here in Sheffield for normal hair cut?

Quick Reply