The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Hair salons

Can anyone reccommend a hair salon in sheffiled near city campus?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I go to La Coupe in town. It's in Orchard Square near TKmax. 30% student discount. Any help?
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
Yeh cheers :biggrin:
i dont know where the hallam city campus is, but theres a good salon of eccy road near endcliffe park called capelli...cut n blow dry for 20 quid and they use lots of nice smelling hair products :biggrin:
Reply 4
lol i was feeling skint the other day and went to some dodgy looking guys in a shop near the fire station on wellington st. only needed a trim so only cost me £4 :biggrin:
Don't go to toni & Guy.

You think you're getting a professional (expensive) cut but twice they have given me a style I didn't want. Last time I paid £40 for a trim and got what looked like a 4 year old hacking away at barbie's hair. There are 2 T&G's and I've been to them both.. thinking the 1st time was just bad luck. Never again.

I'd like to know where I can get my hair coloured in Sheff. Do these places you've mentioned do a really nice job?
Reply 6
my mates was given a beer while waiting for his cut in Freestylers ... legend!
Reply 7
I get mine cut and coloured at the one i recommended above (La Coupe). I like them and with student discount it works out at £50 for full head of highlights and all over permanent colour.
Reply 8
little_red_sox
Don't go to toni & Guy.

You think you're getting a professional (expensive) cut but twice they have given me a style I didn't want. Last time I paid £40 for a trim and got what looked like a 4 year old hacking away at barbie's hair. There are 2 T&G's and I've been to them both.. thinking the 1st time was just bad luck. Never again.

Did you know they're only allowed to do 15 different hairstyles at Toni and Guy?! So thats why you always ask em for one thing and come away with another - one of my friends used to work there!
That's shocking!!

Why???

Whoever made that rule is quite clearly insane. They have built themselves a dire reputation from what I've heard- Why on earth would you bring in a rule like that?

They're bloody stupid.
I know! Does explain the dodgy hairstyle thing tho. Could b because its easier to train new hairdressers to do 15 easy hairstyles rather than learn to do what the customer actuallly wants.

Still I totally agree....don't ever go to Toni and Guy! They rip you off for an awful haircut!
Reply 11
Don't know how you can afford to pay the prices at Tony and Guy anyways its extortionate!
Reply 12
I don't mind paying that kind of money for nice hair, its when they cock it up i'm pissed off!! My sister in law has been my loyal hairdresser for years now so really scared to leave her!
Reply 13
Toni and Guy absolutely SUCK. Maybe it's because I went to one of them in Dublin, and so there's the whole Celtic Tiger rudeness thing going on, but I arrived for my appointement and waited an HOUR. Eventually I just got up, and they were like ''Oh my God, don't go, we'll fit you in in 10 minutes!'' Ummm, no. For the price they charge, I expect to get my hair cut at the time I was told.
Try Loaf, its great :smile:

It's not in the centre (but there are about a million buses to Woodseats / Meadowhead)
It's the one that was on Channel 4's "Risking it All" a couple of weeks ago, although its been open a while now - obviously its' filmed in advance. During filming they had just secured the lease on a second shop in Broomhill, which would be loads better to get to from the city centre - not sure if its all done and up and running yet though.
Reply 15
ellewoods

It's not in the centre (but there are about a million buses to Woodseats / Meadowhead)
It's the one that was on Channel 4's "Risking it All" a couple of weeks ago, although its been open a while now - obviously its' filmed in advance. During filming they had just secured the lease on a second shop in Broomhill, which would be loads better to get to from the city centre - not sure if its all done and up and running yet though.

I seen that program:p:
Hair By Christmas cut a few of my female friends' hair, and they do each one really nicely, and it's about average price too apparently!

By the way does anyone know what Freestylers is like for guys hair? I might start going there.
Reply 17
Freestylers on Division (or is it Devonshire?!) Street did a good job on my boyfriend's hair at a very reasonable price. His hair went from quite longish to very short and cost him about £10 I think (with student discount).
ellewoods

Got a leaflet through the door, it is open!!!!
Has anyone been down to the Tony and Guy Essentials (I think), down that little side street with Superdrug, Oasis and a few other small shops.

The lady said my usual hairdresser does not know how to cut hair (yeah right), she did not even speak to me, lisen to what I want or make an effort. I was 10 moinutes late and she told me of (like a child) even though I had red puffy eyes as had been crying due to a family beverment. I got offred a drink of water in a plastic cup, which was tiny and no one offered to fill it up and she was so rough! Rough looking and rough handling my hair. The design of the shop was terrible and I was put next to a stair case....even though the shop was empty. They shared a pair of hair straightners....

NEVER AGAIN!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest