The Student Room Group

can a confirmed place at university be withdrawn?

Hey guys,
So basically I received an unconditional offer from UCL. However I have not met the grade requirements for that course as I finished my A levels last year. I put down on UCAS pending on my last units for 3 subjects, implying I would be retaking. However I have now received a confirmed place, does this mean im in 100%? Or do I still need to retake regardless as I have already stated that I would do so?

Thanks
:smile:
Interesting question, if they've already confirmed your place I don't think they can withdraw it (unless you killed someone or something).
Reply 2
Original post by ahdbadman981
Interesting question, if they've already confirmed your place I don't think they can withdraw it (unless you killed someone or something).

hahaha ok, that has given me some piece of mind for now. I'll try and contact UCL anyway after the easter break. Thanks :smile:
Reply 3
Always check with the uni. Your unconditional will have been awarded with the belief you are doing resists. If anything changes they can remove the offer if they want to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
An unconditional offer is usually set in stone unless you have falsified any thing in your UCAS form like you say you got all A's at GCSE when in actualaty you got a double C in science 2 F's and then mostly E in every thing else.
Original post by jonathanemptage
An unconditional offer is usually set in stone unless you have falsified any thing in your UCAS form like you say you got all A's at GCSE when in actualaty you got a double C in science 2 F's and then mostly E in every thing else.

OP put down pending, implying retakes. That means the university could rescind its offer if it were so inclined if she doesn't take them. She should contact them and discuss it now, since on results day they will be expecting to find a new set of results, and she could find that there will be confusion when the university can't match her up with the non-existent results and confirm her place. If they have offered her unconditional now, it's likely to be merely a formality, but it doesn't look good to keep them in the dark.
No University offer is 'set in stone' - a University can withdraw any offer, at any point. Your contract with a Uni only starts at enrolment when you pay the fees.

If the offer was made on the basis that you were retaking and you actually aren't, you MUST contact the University as a matter of urgency. Yes, its likely that somewhere like UCL will withdraw the offer - but you should have thought of that when you decided not to do the retakes.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending