The Student Room Group

Does creepy just mean ugly?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by quads1992
A man women find attractive can never be creepy, ever.

You say that but I know a bloke who by all objective standards is 'good looking' but he has a bit of a reputation and as a result most girls think he's quite creepy.
From my experience, people who are deemed creepy aren't necessarily ugly, they're quite often pretty average when it comes to looks, but are often unusual, and possibly socially awkward.

There's definitely a difference however, between people who are actually creepy, such as those who touch people inappropriately and act pervy, and what some girls (especially popular ones) call "creepy", which is normally someone who's introverted and doesn't have a huge amount of friends trying to talk to them.

I've actually asked some people what makes someone creepy, and quite often they say "They just are". If you can't justify why someone's creepy, then they're not, you're being shallow in my opinion.
Who even cares? If you're being labelled a creep on a regular basis, you probably have more problems to work on than your rotten old face.
Reply 23
Nah it doesn't. Best looking guy at my old school was the biggest creep ever. Used to randomly send dick pics to girls on MSN :erm:
No being creepy is more about being inappropriate or overly clingy to me; "not my type" is more of a euphanism for unattractive imo.
Reply 25
It's actually a combination of unattractiveness, awkwardness and probably being passionate abt something the average person wouldnt care about..?
Original post by Precious Illusions
Nah it doesn't. Best looking guy at my old school was the biggest creep ever. Used to randomly send dick pics to girls on MSN :erm:

MSN? Christ you're old... :lol:
Reply 27
Original post by Solivagant
MSN? Christ you're old... :lol:

Oh my you're so charming, you must be fighting ladies off with lines like that :fan:

Spoiler

creepy.jpg
Original post by Double Agent
creepy.jpg

Point well made.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Precious Illusions
Oh my you're so charming, you must be fighting ladies off with lines like that :fan:

Spoiler

Don't pretend you're not interested :kiss:
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
Lol at all the men on the thread crying that women care about looks, like as if men don't. It's simply human nature.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The difference being that guys are typically far more open and honest about caring about looks. Men don't hide behind words like 'creep' when justifying their rejection of a girl, they'll usually just come straight out and say she was a minger.
I think attractive people get more leeway in their persistence or other creepy habits before being labelled 'creepy'
Yes. Or the ugliness of the behaviour per se.
Original post by Ziggy Sawdust
The difference being that guys are typically far more open and honest about caring about looks. Men don't hide behind words like 'creep' when justifying their rejection of a girl, they'll usually just come straight out and say she was a minger.

:lol:
Reply 35
Original post by Double Agent
creepy.jpg

Point proven, even I feel a little creeped out.
No, I've met plenty of conventionally very attractive people who creep the **** out of me and I'm pretty weird as it is so that says a lot.

As someone else said, it's about behaviour and social interactions.
Reply 37
If it's creepy, it's all creepy to me to because conventionally handsome isn't something that appeals to me in terms of 'would ****'. I am not drawn in, or rejected, by looks alone. I often have a guard up and if you're doing something creepy or sleazy with me, I don't care whether you look like my strange Jewish uncle Howard or whether you look like an Abercrombie douche, I'll be irritated and try and get away from you. I actually think I'm more comfortable with conventionally unattractive men to be honest, and I enjoy 'interesting' aesthetic flaws, so perhaps I'd be more likely to give an ugly 'lingering' guy some time of day than otherwise. But it just depends. I'm sure I'm going to be told that my own views and opinions are wrong because it's TSR.

Original post by quads1992

'sexist' also only applies to ugly men. A good looking man can get away with a laughable amount of misogyny and women will still tolerate him (it's true because I've seen it).

:facepalm:

Such generalising. Much misunderstanding. Very narcissistic. Wow.
Reply 38
There are only 2 people who I would ever seriously label as 'creepy': one tried to get me to have sex on a train with him when I was 15, the other literally began stalking my friend; he would wait at the bus stop every day for her, wait outside the group she volunteers with (he lives half an hour away), and when he found out that a group of her friends, all female, were going swimming, he waited outside the centre for them to arrive, then went in and sat at the other side of the pool, watching her the whole time.
(To be fair, both were not attractive, so that could have been a factor, but I don't think so)
Original post by awe
If it's creepy, it's all creepy to me to because conventionally handsome isn't something that appeals to me in terms of 'would ****'. I am not drawn in, or rejected, by looks alone. I often have a guard up and if you're doing something creepy or sleazy with me, I don't care whether you look like my strange Jewish uncle Howard or whether you look like an Abercrombie douche, I'll be irritated and try and get away from you. I actually think I'm more comfortable with conventionally unattractive men to be honest, and I enjoy 'interesting' aesthetic flaws, so perhaps I'd be more likely to give an ugly 'lingering' guy some time of day than otherwise. But it just depends. I'm sure I'm going to be told that my own views and opinions are wrong because it's TSR.

:facepalm:

Such generalising. Much misunderstanding. Very narcissistic. Wow.

Its not like there can't be 10, 20 percent of the people who don't fall under the general trend of behavior. You clearly don't seem to, and that's a pretty great characteristic to have.

Most people (both genders, mind) just give far more leeway to a pretty face in the context of what we're discussing, though. The post you responded to went way too overboard with all this, in fairness.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest