The Student Room Group

Advanced higher modern studies predictions 2014

what do you think we will be asked?? thoughts??
Teachers tend to be pretty good at predicting this sort of stuff, so ask your teacher!
My teacher is pretty good at predictions generally and he is swearing for us to study rehabilitation and whether it has worked, whether the uk needs a new bill of rights and the effects of crime on different groups in society particularly the middle class! He also thinks that pilot studies and surveys will come up :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by dramaqueen45
My teacher is pretty good at predictions generally and he is swearing for us to study rehabilitation and whether it has worked, whether the uk needs a new bill of rights and the effects of crime on different groups in society particularly the middle class! He also thinks that pilot studies and surveys will come up :smile:

This seems like a fairly good prediction. I haven't even asked my teacher what his predictions are. We are doing Law and Order Contexts B and D. I am working on my own predictions at the moment so will post when i have finalized them. All of my predictions and the ones from TSR last year for higher were correct so we should all contribute and see if it can happen again this year!
Go for it! My teacher predicted all the essays last year as well! 3/4 of them he got word for word which was amazing! So nervous for the exam! Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by dramaqueen45
Go for it! My teacher predicted all the essays last year as well! 3/4 of them he got word for word which was amazing! So nervous for the exam! Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw really? Thats so great! Let me know if he has anymore haha. I am going to ask my teacher tomorrow for any of his. Six days away now, how is your revision going?
Anyone else have any predictions? I'm doing context B and context D, I'm hoping for really good essays!
Anyone got predictions?
Reply 8
I was reading the predictions and I was wondering what would you write for the effects of crime on the middle class?? Pleasee help :frown:
Original post by Sarah.124
I was reading the predictions and I was wondering what would you write for the effects of crime on the middle class?? Pleasee help :frown:

I done a similar type of essay and I think you would talk about how the middle class are more affected economically by crime I.e. they pay more taxes, pay for staffing etc... And then talk about how the lower class are affected more emotionally and then white collar and blue collar crime! Hope that helps :smile:
Original post by Jennamckinleyx
I done a similar type of essay and I think you would talk about how the middle class are more affected economically by crime I.e. they pay more taxes, pay for staffing etc... And then talk about how the lower class are affected more emotionally and then white collar and blue collar crime! Hope that helps :smile:

Okaay thanks a lot!!
Reply 11
Think i may be up for a while longer... still got to finish off revising prisons and research methods. I really cannot believe the exam is tomorrow. I am so under prepared and i am beginning to doubt how successful i may be. I am so nervous and have no idea what sort of questions could come up!

Good Luck all!
Reply 12
Its over... thank goodness. How did you all find it?

I did context B and D and i thought the questions were fine except for the word revolutionize in question 4. Research methods were awful i thought though!
Original post by lala4
Its over... thank goodness. How did you all find it?

I did context B and D and i thought the questions were fine except for the word revolutionize in question 4. Research methods were awful i thought though!

Sorry a bit of a late reply haha! Yeah I thought context B and D were pretty good, especially the B one! I thought the research methods were okay but that interview question threw me a bit as I couldn't really think of any disadvantages of both recording and transcribing them!
Reply 14
Original post by Jennamckinleyx
Sorry a bit of a late reply haha! Yeah I thought context B and D were pretty good, especially the B one! I thought the research methods were okay but that interview question threw me a bit as I couldn't really think of any disadvantages of both recording and transcribing them!

Aw its fine haha! Yeah me too, the nurture question was a gift! I also had the same problem and all the examples i used were my own ones... no proper proven research ones, oh well im sure it should be fine. Good luck for results day! I am hoping i got at least a B :smile:
Original post by lala4
Aw its fine haha! Yeah me too, the nurture question was a gift! I also had the same problem and all the examples i used were my own ones... no proper proven research ones, oh well im sure it should be fine. Good luck for results day! I am hoping i got at least a B :smile:

Yeah all of my examples were my own research as well! And thanks, good luck to you too! Yeah I'm hoping for a least a B as well, let's keep our fingers crossed :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending