The Student Room Group

M1 exercise 4E question

Hey guys I know how to work it out but I don't quite get what the question means. Is 45 degrees the angle of the slope to the horizontal? I'm confused

image.jpg
image.jpg
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Yup it is :smile:
By the horizontal it kinda means a flat surface (say the ground) and the surface you're working with is inclined by 45°

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AhmedDavid
Hey guys I know how to work it out but I don't quite get what the question means is 45 degrees the angle of the slope I'm confused

image.jpg
image.jpg

I don't think so. The force Y is at an angle of 45 to horizontal. The angle of slope will be as given in question 5.
Reply 3
Original post by brianeverit
I don't think so. The force Y is at an angle of 45 to horizontal. The angle of slope will be as given in question 5.

Yeah thats what my sister was saying to me, could you please draw me a diagram or something Im finding it hard to visualise
Reply 4
I still need help with this question............

Original post by pirategyal
Yup it is :smile:
By the horizontal it kinda means a flat surface (say the ground) and the surface you're working with is inclined by 45°

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by AhmedDavid
Yeah thats what my sister was saying to me, could you please draw me a diagram or something Im finding it hard to visualise

I don't know the angle of slope because I haven't got question 5.
Reply 6

Q5 is the bottom image attached in the OP - the angle of the plane is 20 degrees.
Reply 7

Q5 is attached underneath the Q6 image

Quick Reply

Latest