The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

MA Cultural and Creative Industries ( Applicants/Offer Holders/Current Students 2014)

Good Day,

I created this thread as a way for applicants, offer holders, current students, and alumni of the MACCI program at KCL to share information about the application process, the program, the accommodation, life in London, networking opportunities, internships, etc.

I applied for this program three weeks ago and my application is in the process of being reviewed. I am so anxious for their response.

Is anyone else in the same boat?
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EmpressKcl
Good Day,

I created this thread as a way for applicants, offer holders, current students, and alumni of the MACCI program at KCL to share information about the application process, the program, the accommodation, life in London, networking opportunities, internships, etc.

I applied for this program three weeks ago and my application is in the process of being reviewed. I am so anxious for their response.

Is anyone else in the same boat?

Found it!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Yahh!!!! That is very exciting that you are applying to MACCI! I hope you get an offer!
Yahh!!!! That is very exciting that you are applying to MACCI! I hope you get an offer!

Thanks! Hopefully I'll see you in September!
Reply 4
A separate thread was just what we needed! : )
Reply 5
Original post by MichelBraga
Thanks! Hopefully I'll see you in September!

You will! Let us speak it into existence!!!

What optional modules are you interested in taking?
You will! Let us speak it into existence!!!

What optional modules are you interested in taking?

:biggrin:

I'm interested in ALL of them! But my choices would be Cultural Policy, Internationalism and Cultural Diplomacy, and Cultural Markets!
Reply 7

I'm interested in ALL of them! But my choices would be Cultural Policy, Internationalism and Cultural Diplomacy, and Cultural Markets!

Your choices sound very fascinating! I love that the program includes so many different choices.
Reply 8
Original post by wdz
A separate thread was just what we needed! : )

I received an unconditional offer!!
Hello There! I'm not actually a CCI applicant, but a freshly accepted student for the MA in Digital Culture and Society. Since we share basically all the optional modules i thought i would say hello.

I did not confirm my offer yet, but right now the odds are that i will be at KCL next year.

I TOTALLY get you! I want to do all of the modules.
Does anyone know if it's possible to do a joint CCI+DCS MA???
Reply 11
Original post by historienne

Finnnnnalllyyyyyyyyyyyyyy someone else responded to this thread! I have been waiiiiiitttttinnnnnggg, lol.
Finnnnnalllyyyyyyyyyyyyyy someone else responded to this thread! I have been waiiiiiitttttinnnnnggg, lol.

Have you confirmed your offer yet? :smile:
Right now I keep on questioning if KCL is or is not a right choice, two weeks ago it was a dream haha
AH self doubt!
(edited 9 years ago)

Hello historienne!

Perhaps! I mean, it probably won't count to your final degree, but depending on how the timetable is organized, you can attend to other classes beyond the 3 optional module limit!

I have a friend that was accepted to the Arts and Cultural Management MA, and he's considering to do 5 modules!
Hello historienne!

Perhaps! I mean, it probably won't count to your final degree, but depending on how the timetable is organized, you can attend to other classes beyond the 3 optional module limit!

I have a friend that was accepted to the Arts and Cultural Management MA, and he's considering to do 5 modules!

I may called them next week to ask. I choose DCS because they let you take up to 5 optional modules, and all my areas of interest laid there
Reply 15
Have you confirmed your offer yet? :smile:
Right now I keep on questioning if KCL is or is not a right choice, two weeks ago it was a dream haha
AH self doubt!

Yes I have!!!!!! The MA CCI program is my dream program! I could not see myself anywhere else. What are your other choices? Oh nooo! What are your doubts?
Yes I have!!!!!! The MA CCI program is my dream program! I could not see myself anywhere else. What are your other choices? Oh nooo! What are your doubts?

KCL is my top choice in the UK :smile: and it is a dream come true. But i also depend on an admission decision from Sciences Po for the MA in Communication (that is taking way too long, french people, always fashionably late)
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 17
KCL is my top choice in the UK :smile: and it is a dream come true. But i also depend on an admission decision from Sciences Po for the MA in Communication (that is taking way too long, french people, always fashionably late)

Ohhhhhhh! Well good luck on whichever path you choose. What country are you from?
Ohhhhhhh! Well good luck on whichever path you choose. What country are you from?

Moroccan, going to uni in Spain. I'm majoring in audiovisual communication (media and film theory and practice)
Reply 19
Moroccan, going to uni in Spain. I'm majoring in audiovisual communication (media and film theory and practice)

I am from the United States. My education background is in Mass Communication and Film/tv production.

Quick Reply

Latest