The Student Room Group

Schools Direct Interview

Hi there,
I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice.
Yesterday I received an interview for a Primary Schools Direct training place on this coming Wednesday.
I'm nervous as it doesn't leave a lot of time to prepare. Anyway I've been asked to prepare a 5 minute presentation on 'an educational topic that interests me' . I don't understand exactly what they want me to do..... Should I prepare a mini lesson based on a primary subject? What kind of topic?
At first I thought I was being asked to talk about current educational issues but reading again this does not seem so.
I would appreciate so much any information/advice you guys can provide as I don't have a lot of time!
Thank you :-)
Reply 1
Original post by retro-pixie-chic
Hi there,
I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice.
Yesterday I received an interview for a Primary Schools Direct training place on this coming Wednesday.
I'm nervous as it doesn't leave a lot of time to prepare. Anyway I've been asked to prepare a 5 minute presentation on 'an educational topic that interests me' . I don't understand exactly what they want me to do..... Should I prepare a mini lesson based on a primary subject? What kind of topic?
At first I thought I was being asked to talk about current educational issues but reading again this does not seem so.
I would appreciate so much any information/advice you guys can provide as I don't have a lot of time!
Thank you :-)

I would read that as an educational issue or something like assessment for learning etc.
contact the provider to clarify, just in case.
Reply 2
Original post by Shelly_x
I would read that as an educational issue or something like assessment for learning etc.
contact the provider to clarify, just in case.

I would too. They probably are looking for you to talk about a topic regarding the education system, like access to learning (eg SEN) Hope this helps?
Best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending