The Student Room Group

Kings EMDP MED course

Hi I recently received an unconditional offer to study medicine at kings on the 6 year emdp course. Which I have now confirmed.
I recently went to an offer holder open day and was told about the benefit of intercalating a BSC and I was wondering how many emdp student do this as this would mean 7 years of uni instead of the already long 6 years. They gave a number of like 80% of students do the extra year.

I personally would love that year on account of I'm a chemistry geek. I was even gonna refuse kings to study chem at ucl.

Also I don't hear much info about emdp and what it's like. I want to hear from med students at kings both on the MBBS and emdp.
What is the emdp like? Do people act differently towards them? Do staff? I got the impression people (and staff) kind of brush them off. I have heard some negative things about the way they are treated....... Not sure if that's true
Original post by naljamil
Hi I recently received an unconditional offer to study medicine at kings on the 6 year emdp course. Which I have now confirmed.
I recently went to an offer holder open day and was told about the benefit of intercalating a BSC and I was wondering how many emdp student do this as this would mean 7 years of uni instead of the already long 6 years. They gave a number of like 80% of students do the extra year.

I personally would love that year on account of I'm a chemistry geek. I was even gonna refuse kings to study chem at ucl.

Also I don't hear much info about emdp and what it's like. I want to hear from med students at kings both on the MBBS and emdp.
What is the emdp like? Do people act differently towards them? Do staff? I got the impression people (and staff) kind of brush them off. I have heard some negative things about the way they are treated....... Not sure if that's true

Hello, I know you wrote this a year ago but I'm in the same position now, having firmed KCL. I want to know how you've been finding the course

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending