The Student Room Group

Prefect application letter

Dear ____,
I am writing to inform you of my application for the position of prefect.
The position of prefect is a vital part of the school’s anatomy, and a fantastic tradition that helps students grasp skills such as leadership, teamwork, innovative thinking and communication. I believe that by becoming a prefect I can help develop my own skills as well as bringing in my own ideas.
Within my past 4 years at ____ I have consistently shown the correct attitude that is required to become a prefect. I have perfect uniform, which means I will be a good role model towards the younger students. I have a near perfect attendance meaning I can be counted on to meet deadlines and give my time to help the school.
In my free time I organise myself effectively so that I produce homework on time and to a high standard yet I still have time to myself. Although I haven’t contributed as much as I would have liked to extra-curricular activities I still believe I can make a positive difference to the school. I am still willing to change my behaviour for the school and I have started by taking part in the Duke of Edinburgh’s award to help better myself and to get outside of my comfort zone and improve how I behave in different situations.

I'm not sure about the third paragraph, if you guys could please make some changes and improvements
Reply 1
bump
Original post by LordMasterm
Dear ____,
I am writing to inform you of my application for the position of prefect.
The position of prefect is a vital part of the school’s anatomy, and a fantastic tradition that helps students grasp skills such as leadership, teamwork, innovative thinking and communication. I believe that by becoming a prefect I can help develop my own skills as well as bringing in my own ideas.
Within my past 4 years at ____ I have consistently shown the correct attitude that is required to become a prefect. I have perfect uniform, which means I will be a good role model towards the younger students. I have a near perfect attendance meaning I can be counted on to meet deadlines and give my time to help the school.
In my free time I organise myself effectively so that I produce homework on time and to a high standard yet I still have time to myself. Although I haven’t contributed as much as I would have liked to extra-curricular activities I still believe I can make a positive difference to the school. I am still willing to change my behaviour for the school and I have started by taking part in the Duke of Edinburgh’s award to help better myself and to get outside of my comfort zone and improve how I behave in different situations.

I'm not sure about the third paragraph, if you guys could please make some changes and improvements

You haven't really said how you do things e.g. ' I have consistently shown the correct attitude'
How do you do that? Why do you do that? What makes that better?
Don't say I have perfect uniform, no one does try and say, 'I always to keep my uniform looking neat. This shows that...'
Also what do you mean by changing your behaviour? Maybe say 'I will try to.... (The improvement)... To make an good impact on the school.

Hope this helps!

Edit: You also need to say why you want to be the prefect! You need to be passionate! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
thanks
Reply 4
thx

Quick Reply

Latest