The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Manchester or Durham?

Hello. I received the offers from Manchester university and Durham University for Management Course. So, which one, do you think, is better to choose? I'm not interested in nightlife, but career perspectives matter. By the way, I'm an international student and more likely I would like to work outside the UK, so the reputation of the uni on international arena also is important for me. Thank you in advance!
Original post by ValeriyaSh
Hello. I received the offers from Manchester university and Durham University for Management Course. So, which one, do you think, is better to choose? I'm not interested in nightlife, but career perspectives matter. By the way, I'm an international student and more likely I would like to work outside the UK, so the reputation of the uni on international arena also is important for me. Thank you in advance!

Manchester Business School (where management is taught) does have a very good reputation, and it's a reputation that's particularly strong internationally - and stronger than Durham's.

One thing to consider with Durham is that you would be living and studying in Stockton. It's not in Durham, and by all accounts it's nowhere near as nice as Durham itself.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by Origami Bullets
Manchester Business School (where management is taught) does have a very good reputation, and it's a reputation that's particularly strong internationally - and stronger than Durham's.

One thing to consider with Durham is that you would be living and studying in Stockton. It's not in Durham, and by all accounts it's nowhere near as nice as Durham itself.

Yea, I know that:frown:
Thank you for the response!
Reply 3
Where are you from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by JimMi
Where are you from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

from Belarus, but currently studing in Prague. It doesn't matter actually, because I'm not gonna work in Belarus either
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
Both are very, very good. You can;t go wrong with either. I'd choose Durham, as overall this uni has a bit more tradition and prestige than Manchester, but only just.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending