The Student Room Group

Best way to get ready for C1 and C2

Hey guys

Ive got a C1 and C2 exam coming up and I'm wondering what the best way to get ready is at this point in time. They are about a month away from now.

With C1, I kind of stopped revising for it when i started learning C2 but then came back to it and I was surprised i remembered everything. Just questions involving roots really catch me out. With C2 i am also fine now but need some more practice on Trig graphs. Does anyone know a good revision source that helps on Trig graphs because ExamSolutions mostly uses the quadrant way, which i have never been taught.

Anyways, whats the best way to get ready from now on, is it just practicing past papers over and over again?
Past papers, past papers, and some more past papers!

I can't stress this enough:lol:
for C2, I did awful when I did it at AS, got a D :s-smilie: but this year, im resitting and it feels so much easier after A2.
I recommend learning how to use CAST diagrams for trig, they help all the way through A2 and it will save you time during the exams :smile: They are both just a case of doing past papers I think, I think last year I must have just had a reaaaally bad day because C3 +C4 trig follows on from c2, and I had no problems with recalling C2 trig, and I seem to do fine in mocks too with little to no revison.. c3 and c4 are like extended c1 and c2 with an increase in difficulty :smile: If I were you as an AS student, make sure you know trig well! its generally the last question, and also you NEED to have a good background on it to do well in A2 :smile: good luck!
Reply 3
Solomon papers & past papers are the way to go.
Ill use ExamSolutions to try the CAST method and teach myself it :smile:. Now that I've done most of the past papers, it might be a good idea to try out the solomon papers
Easy, Stewart Sidders
The hardest part to C1 for me is probably roots, and with C2, i find Trig graphs quite tricky
This is what I am doing:

1) Watch chapter on ExamSolutions or M4ths.com
2) Complete chapter exercises in Book

I do this until I complete the book and once done I will do Solomon Papers and then the real exams :smile:
Reply 8
Papers! Practicing different kinds of the same question help!
The CAST graph is recommended its helping me at the moment with C3 and C4. I am resitting C2 this year because I got a C and would like to push it up a little. But yeah papers is a good way to go, also try the questions in your text book, I know some may seem easy and some seem like they would rarely come up in your exam but its worth getting a good idea on the kinds of questions that are possible to come.
Hope this helped!
Reply 9
Original post by particlestudent
Hey guys

Ive got a C1 and C2 exam coming up and I'm wondering what the best way to get ready is at this point in time. They are about a month away from now.

With C1, I kind of stopped revising for it when i started learning C2 but then came back to it and I was surprised i remembered everything. Just questions involving roots really catch me out. With C2 i am also fine now but need some more practice on Trig graphs. Does anyone know a good revision source that helps on Trig graphs because ExamSolutions mostly uses the quadrant way, which i have never been taught.

Anyways, whats the best way to get ready from now on, is it just practicing past papers over and over again?

Hi,
Get yourself an A for C1 and C2 by revising with the Kindle Guides from The Maths Clinic
Cheers!

Quick Reply

Latest