The Student Room Group

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

There doesn't seem to be an FFXIV thread. So, are there any FFXIV'ers on TSR? The game has seen a lot of activity lately. It has hit 2 million subscribers with 500,000 daily logins, patch 2.2 has been released with lots of new content, and the PS4 version has just been released.

Post any comments or questions.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have it on PS4, but I haven't started playing yet. Going to play FFX and X-2 first. Never played an MMO before but I've heard it's quite easy to get into.
Just noticed this. Have it on my PC but haven't played in some months.

Might restart.
Oh man, noone plays this game? ^.^

I am on Ragnarok, been playing since started. Main BRD and crafters. :smile:
Reply 4
I played it for a month and stopped when I reached the cap. Not the best MMO I've played, so I probably won't return to it.
Original post by krands
I played it for a month and stopped when I reached the cap. Not the best MMO I've played, so I probably won't return to it.

Hehe I played quite a few MMOs and I prefer this one out of all. When you said the cap, were you talking about lvl 20 cap for trial? This game is so boring and sucky until you cap more than 1 job, that is pretty much why I like it - one character can have as many jobs and I find it unique. To each their own though. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by street.lovin'
Hehe I played quite a few MMOs and I prefer this one out of all. When you said the cap, were you talking about lvl 20 cap for trial? This game is so boring and sucky until you cap more than 1 job, that is pretty much why I like it - one character can have as many jobs and I find it unique. To each their own though. :smile:

I think the lvl cap was 50 at the time. The end game just wasn't that enjoyable. Yeah the games quite unique and I can see why people play it :smile:
I'm not much of a fan of final fantasy anyway so not a lot of the characters are familiar. Currently I Am enjoying eldar scrolls online, if your an mmo freak like me and like elder scrolls, the. It's pretty good.
Original post by krands
I think the lvl cap was 50 at the time. The end game just wasn't that enjoyable. Yeah the games quite unique and I can see why people play it :smile:
I'm not much of a fan of final fantasy anyway so not a lot of the characters are familiar. Currently I Am enjoying eldar scrolls online, if your an mmo freak like me and like elder scrolls, the. It's pretty good.

Ahhh :smile: Yeah I think FFXIV is catered for casual gamers and certainly FF fanboys/girls. I am a FF fangirl so of course I like it, plus the pictures are not doom and gloom but colourful! Hah! Suits a girl like me. :smile: I tried Elder Scroll Beta, it looks good but I will need to play it for longer to judge. Certainly looks very good though. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Completely forgot I made this thread. I'm surprised it doesn't have many posts tbh; FFXIV is supposed to be one of the hot MMO's right now. Where's everyone hiding?
Reply 9
Original post by Phil2008
Completely forgot I made this thread. I'm surprised it doesn't have many posts tbh; FFXIV is supposed to be one of the hot MMO's right now. Where's everyone hiding?

I started the free trail about a week ago and just hit the level 20 cap today, i'm enjoying it so I'll probably buy the game. It's actually the first MMO I've played, I decided to give it a shot because I'm a fan of the series.
The problem here is that there's probably very few people who play FFXIV that are signed up to TSR
r/FFXIV features a lot of new daily posts constantly if you're looking for FFXIV fun posts and other in game attributes. Heck it's the goto place for people returning or trying to understand their class/job rotation. Information is easily obtainable.

Although personally I would love to find more people on here playing FFXIV as well, while Reddit is a good place for all the hype on XIV, you don't really go there to add anyone into your friend list or party.
Played the closed beta for it. Thought it was a decent but not ground-breaking game.
Totally want to play it but I only have a laptop, high graphic MMOs tend to lag me out a lot. Used to bash Maplestory though, pretty sure I sunk most of my teenage life into that game.
Reply 13
Used to play it after playing FF11 for many years. Unfortunately it's just not good enough to hold my attention any more.

Big reps to anyone who can stand it on PS4, the frames per second drives me to tears.
Reply 14
I started playing in February half term and since then have absolutely fallen in love with the game. I've played Swtor and Guild wars before but this defenitely tops it (:

I wish I could play more but am only active on weekends since GCSEs are near but one more weekend and I'll hit 50 monk (: and then come all the awesome raids (p.s titan extreme is a bitch)
Reply 15
Original post by mickybee
Totally want to play it but I only have a laptop, high graphic MMOs tend to lag me out a lot. Used to bash Maplestory though, pretty sure I sunk most of my teenage life into that game.

Same , like really back when it was v.42 I think I started playing up until when I think it was resistance jobs came in and I was like what is this piece of crap. And that game was pretty much like like either your rich or you suck. (Thankfully I made it into the former)
Reply 16
Jumped back into the game a couple of days ago now that exams are over, after a 2 month absense and having only previously played it for 1 month. Ready to have a real crack at it now.
Original post by Cll_ws
Jumped back into the game a couple of days ago now that exams are over, after a 2 month absense and having only previously played it for 1 month. Ready to have a real crack at it now.

What is your character name? I am on Ragnarok server. :smile: and my name is Street Lovin
Reply 18
Original post by street.lovin'
What is your character name? I am on Ragnarok server. :smile: and my name is Street Lovin

Otto Octavius.. Although I'm on Cerberus.
Original post by Cll_ws
Otto Octavius.. Although I'm on Cerberus.

Same :smile:

http://de.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/5990067/

Quick Reply

Latest