The Student Room Group

need clarification, not sure what to do

anon, or delete please. apologies for the lenght, i've tried to condense as much as possible.

i don't really know how to explain the situation i'm in, i'll try my best to put it forward though.

last june, i met this guy in london (where i live, for uni). i met this guy on a night out, we were talking and stuff. he seemed really cool and down to earth. this eventually led to him to ask for my number. so we swapped numbers, and carried on our night out with the people we were with. after that encounter we spoke a bit, but it fizzled out over the summer holidays. i didn't much, because i didn't really know him that well.

however, during xmas he had got back in touch with me. i was surprised at first, surprised because i thought he had forgotten about me. we spoke a lot, catching up, updating each other with what's new etc. he suggested meeting for coffee when i was back in london after the xmas hols. though, i had january exams so i just didn't have time. assuring him that we will after they're done. exams were over, but we were still busy with our own lives. he was then in amsterdam for 2 weeks on business, but we still spoke a lot. on a daily basis.

so long story short, we were both busy not being able to see each other. when one of us were free, the other wasn't. it's now mid april, and he really wanted to see me as the wait had just been too long. i agreed, it had been too long. eroding my thumbs isn't really my thing. tonight i should be at his flat in central london. but that isn't going to happen. ever.

yesterday morning i discovered that he deleted me from snapchat, instagram and his phone in general. i was removed from every form of communication he had of me. confused as hell, i asked what was wrong. he simply stated 'forget me' and that he is 'wasting' my time. when he wasn't wasting my time, if he was then i wouldn't have bothered. the last thing he said to me was 'i'm reevaluating my life, changing a lot of things, being ruthless i'm afraid. like i said don't waste your time with me, find someone who deserves it.' . like what the hell? this makes no sense to me. where did this sudden change of thought come from? if he knew his intentions with me, why did he string me along?

i really want to say something to him, but i don't know if that's the right thing to do or not. plus, i fear he may have blocked my number too.

tl; dr - a guy i have liked for a while, who gave the impression he liked me too, has suddenly just cut me off with no clear reason why. what should i do?
Reply 1
bump.
Reply 2
bump.
Reply 3
bump.
Reply 4
You should probably stop wasting your time with him. Even if he didn't cut you off it sounds like it would never work - you were always too busy to see each other. Doesn't seem like it would go anywhere.

That comment he said seems a bit self centred to be honest. Focus on people who don't just decide to change their life and cut you out as a part of that change.
I'd say just leave it. Something has clearly made him think that he's a crap person and he needs to change that. Good for him, though you don't sound THAT close for him to explain the situation in detail to you. You might not think he's bad but if he feels the need to improve and wants to start afresh then let him. He probably thinks it actually will take too long to come back to someone you spoke to a bit ages ago. It's frustrating, I know, but I think you should accept it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending