The Student Room Group

When does Academic year end for 1st year in University

what date or month does your academic year end across universities in UK ENGLAND.

when are you classed as officially completing 1 year worth of study in university?

is it after the last exam in your degree or is it in july or june?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
The academic year ends really with your last exam, provided you pass and meet the other assessment requirements.

Its then summer recess!

The timing of this will depend on what university you go to, but I would imagine that for most courses at most UK Universities you can expect this to be May/Early June time.

Hope that helps!
Reply 2
It will depend on the course (some have additional elements which require additional length) as well as their timetabling and other factors.

Typically May is for exams. Last year we had two weeks of revision after the Easter break, this year it was before, so we finish earlier. The exams were all bunched in the first two weeks of the exam period as well. However, we have additional things to do to progress into the final year, so I need to stay around longer.

Late May is to be expected. They should give you a timetable of major term dates and the end of the course date. In reality, it may be sooner if exams are over quickly.

I would say you're classed as completing your year after you receive the grades for it and have no further results, resits or academic engagements to complete. So, mid-July, but it really isn't anything vital.
Reply 3
What do you need to know for?

We might actually be able to help you better to guide what it is you're looking to know what counts as a year for :smile:

- ElectroFrog
Reply 4
I think I finish on 10 May because I don't have any exams and all my assignments will be handed in by then and will have nothing on my timetable after that.
Reply 5
Ruffiio - answered your PM! Should help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by ElectroFrog
Ruffiio - answered your PM! Should help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you going mad bro?
Reply 7
At my University it's down as May 31st on my student record as a general end of year date. I think that's when exams go up until, but the majority will finish before May 17th.
Reply 8
I am haha! I meant Ben, but I thought it was you who'd PMd me :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by ElectroFrog
I am haha! I meant Ben, but I thought it was you who'd PMd me :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! Electro i got your message and you helped me a lot

Take Care
:smile:
My Uni exams don't start till 27th May and then Summer Ball is on 21st June. I don't know about other universities but I think that is a pretty late finish.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending