The Student Room Group

hazard preception

hiya im studing for my theory test. I am getting really high on the theory test but the actual hazard perception is killing me what can I do to try and pass any tips for the actual test?
Reply 1
Don't click too many times in rapid succession, only click when you see the hazard. It's the only advice anyone can give really.
Yeah, I agree with The Jargen, don't click too many times too quickly! I passed my theory test yesterday but I supposedly clicked too fast for one clip so got 0 for it :rolleyes:
Just try to practise noticing the hazards and click as soon as you see it then when the situation changes (so as a driver you would need to slow down/stop)
Try to look as far down the road as possible, sometimes you see a glimpse of a potential hazard which could get you more marks
Good Luck :smile:
Original post by Anongirl12
hiya im studing for my theory test. I am getting really high on the theory test but the actual hazard perception is killing me what can I do to try and pass any tips for the actual test?

Do the practises again, but bear in mind the following.

The hazard perception test tests your ability to recognise and click an emerging hazard. This means you will get little to no points if you click when the actual hazard happens.

Click three times in total for each hazard - once when you see anything which could be a hazard from afar, a second time when the thing is becoming a hazard, and once again when the hazard is blatantly going to happen.

So for instance, let's say the hazard is a dog running on the pedestrian sidewalk with its owner. When you see the dog from afar, click. When you're getting close to the sidewalk, click. When the dog is running out in front of your car to cross the road, click.

There is a cyclist you see from far down the road. Click. You're approaching the cyclist now. Click. The cyclist is swerving in front of your car, impeding your progress. Click.

Practise. Practise. Practise. A good practise hazard perception test will have a break down of when you should click to gain maximum points.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending