The Student Room Group

Healthy and filling evening snacks?

I usually eat dinner around half 6 and I always ensure that it's balanced and healthy. The issue is that by about half 7 or 8 I'm craving snacks. I know not to eat ice cream or cakes because of how unhealthy it is, so what are some low calorie healthy alternatives?
Are breakfast cereals a healthy option? All your ideas are appreciated:smile: thank-you!!!
Original post by x.BlueEyedGirl.x
I usually eat dinner around half 6 and I always ensure that it's balanced and healthy. The issue is that by about half 7 or 8 I'm craving snacks. I know not to eat ice cream or cakes because of how unhealthy it is, so what are some low calorie healthy alternatives?
Are breakfast cereals a healthy option? All your ideas are appreciated:smile: thank-you!!!

Ice cream is actually fairly healthy if you choose one with amounts of sugar. You could have fruit, toast, cereal, Peanut butter, nuts, cheese etc
Reply 2
Fats and fibre.

Pistachios.

Most breakfast cereals are basically just sugar so they're a very bad idea.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
Brush your teeth after dinner. For me brushing my teeth is a chore, so I brush them as soon as I've had dinner to stop snacking.

Or sip on water before your dinner so you can feel more full
Reply 4
Instead of having unhealthy snacks, try to satisfy your stomach with fruits and veggies.
(edited 10 years ago)
Fruits, you can have as many as you want throughout the day.
Reply 6
Just have dinner an hour later.
I find a small bag of peanuts pretty filling.
Reply 8
Nuts are pretty filling, just don't eat too much of them.
I have either natural yoghurt with flaked almonds and blueberries/raspberries (with a bit of sweetener but I hope to leave it out eventually), or rice cakes with no added sugar peanut butter. I have managed to give up bread and pasta but I find I need something!
Ice lollies are kewl

Quick Reply

Latest