The Student Room Group

What does 5 on sides and back, and scissors on top look like?

The pics on the internet wildly vary, I think because in the US they have a different system (?). Would also be appreciated if somebody could post a 4 on sides as well as I am interested in comparing, cheers :smile:
I think a 5 would be like three centimetres at least, it's quite long (in terms of using trimmers for it) and I've never heard of anyone getting a 5 (it would look like your hair is sticking out the side of your head because it's all the same kinda long length) in my opinion using anything past a 3 with trimmers would be weird

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by SerLorasTyrell
I think a 5 would be like three centimetres at least, it's quite long (in terms of using trimmers for it) and I've never heard of anyone getting a 5 (it would look like your hair is sticking out the side of your head because it's all the same kinda long length) in my opinion using anything past a 3 with trimmers would be weird

Posted from TSR Mobile

Rubbish a 4 back and sides looks fine.

OP 5 is long, maybe like this, depending on the length on top obv.

8a82100dc5c45e021510a100f8d592c6.jpg
Bit late, but pretty sure they go in 8th of an inch, so a 5 would be 5/8th inch, grade 4 would be 1/2 and inch...
Reply 4
Original post by test_drive
Bit late, but pretty sure they go in 8th of an inch, so a 5 would be 5/8th inch, grade 4 would be 1/2 and inch...

Yeah man and they go up to grade 8, surprisingly enough.

Quick Reply

Latest