The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sunny_Smiles
when?

Christians fighting in American civil war. What other war are they fighting for now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
[video="youtube_share;GCBhyzRELLw"]http://youtu.be/GCBhyzRELLw[/video]
Original post by Zainabahlulbayt
Stop our mainstream media feeding them lies about Syria. If i had a pound for every time a tafkiri told people 'the evil shias in syria are killing our sons and daughters' i would be very rich.

It's America who have been spicing up this war behind the scenes , as well as israel, leading to the chaos we see and so many innocent shia, sunni, AND christian people needlessly dying.

[video="youtube_share;LeJwh2fF_H4"]http://youtu.be/LeJwh2fF_H4[/video]

Syria: UN Mission Report Confirms that “Opposition” Rebels Used Chemical Weapons against Civilians and Government Forces

http://www.globalresearch.ca/syria-un-mission-report-confirms-that-opposition-rebels-used-chemical-weapons-against-civilians-and-government-forces/5363139

On December 13, UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon signed identical letters to the UN General Assembly and Security Council, stating:

“I have the honour to convey herewith the final report of the United Nations Mission to investigate allegations of the use of chemical weapons in the Syrian Arab Republic”
The letter of transmittal was signed by Professor Ake Sellstrom, Head of Mission, and Dr. Maurizio Barbeschi, signing for the WHO component

Why don't you class muslims as muslims and not by sects. The only way you can help this is by not talking about it to make it stand out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Stop our mainstream media feeding them lies about Syria. If i had a pound for every time a tafkiri told people 'the evil shias in syria are killing our sons and daughters' i would be very rich.

It's America who have been spicing up this war behind the scenes , as well as israel, leading to the chaos we see and so many innocent shia, sunni, AND christian people needlessly dying.

Ah, so it's not the Islamist militia who execute innocent people, which is clear to see from various sources and from various people, it's AMERICA and ISRAEL to blame, somehow. Makes sense. :rolleyes:

When you can't name the enemy, you have no hope in hell of defeating them. Scapegoats don't help anybody.
Original post by Electricity
Christians fighting in American civil war. What other war are they fighting for now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

...the american civil war? :s-smilie: which countries came to the rescue? and which side were they on?
Original post by felamaslen

This is quite palpably naive. It should be well-known to everybody now that the Syrian revolution has been well-and-truly hijacked by Islamists, in the same way that Egypt's and Libya's and Iraq's and Iran's revolutions all were. Unless somebody can prove that they are fighting against both the Islamist rebels as well as Assad, then they should be counted as the enemy. Both sides are the enemy, unfortunately.

No one knows how many of the rebel groups are Islamists and how many aren't. All politicians and journalists have are estimates, as far as I know (I mean, just read this piece from politifacts: www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2013/sep/30/syrian-rebels-include-extremists-how-many/). If you have sources that show differently, I'd be interested in reading them.
...the american civil war? :s-smilie: which countries came to the rescue? and which side were they on?

...what are you talking about?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah, so it's not the Islamist militia who execute innocent people, which is clear to see from various sources and from various people, it's AMERICA and ISRAEL to blame, somehow. Makes sense. :rolleyes:

When you can't name the enemy, you have no hope in hell of defeating them. Scapegoats don't help anybody.

Let me explain, or re-explain.

It's the alqaeda backed millitia who are doing the chemical attacks, the wars, and the damadge - rather than denying it i posted proof of it.

However, you have to know in war, it isn't just the ones on the front. There's a proxy war going on, behind the scenes.

People using politics, funding, influencing affairs behind the scenes.

Think - the US accused assad of using chemical weapons, threatened to fire at him, went on about how sure they were..

and then the UN does it's own investigations, actually says it was the REBELS using chemical weapons.

Is it not clear what is going on here?
...what are you talking about?

Posted from TSR Mobile

you said the american civil war - and you said christians helped - which christian countries helped? this is what I'm talking about; british muslims are helping syria in their civil war, did spanish, french or german christians help american in their civil war? I have no other idea of what you mean
Original post by ¯\(°_o)/¯
No one knows how many of the rebel groups are Islamists and how many aren't. All politicians and journalists have are estimates, as far as I know (I mean, just read this piece from politifacts: www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2013/sep/30/syrian-rebels-include-extremists-how-many/). If you have sources that show differently, I'd be interested in reading them.

How much would you be willing to bet that there is a single group beyond ten people who are fighting for a democratic Syria? A fiver? That would be pushing it. If all the news coming out of the place indicates the presence of Islamists and other fighters against freedom, then that is what you must assume they are fighting for. The world should know that since the debacle of Iraq.
you said the american civil war - and you said christians helped - which christian countries helped? this is what I'm talking about; british muslims are helping syria in their civil war, did spanish, french or german christians help american in their civil war? I have no other idea of what you mean

I mean. The Christians from America helped
Now where are they helping?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I mean. The Christians from America helped
Now where are they helping?

Posted from TSR Mobile

that's like saying the "muslim syrians are helping the syrians"
I'm not talking about domestic help, I was clearly referring to international help e.g. british muslims to syrian muslims
Let me explain, or re-explain.

It's the alqaeda backed millitia who are doing the chemical attacks, the wars, and the damadge - rather than denying it i posted proof of it.

However, you have to know in war, it isn't just the ones on the front. There's a proxy war going on, behind the scenes.

People using politics, funding, influencing affairs behind the scenes.

Think - the US accused assad of using chemical weapons, threatened to fire at him, went on about how sure they were..

and then the UN does it's own investigations, actually says it was the REBELS using chemical weapons.

Is it not clear what is going on here?

It is clear what is going on, and that is that there are pro-tyranny, pro-Assad government forces on one side, and pro-tyranny, Islamist forces on the other. Who cares who used the chemical weapons? Both sides are evil.
It is clear what is going on, and that is that there are pro-tyranny, pro-Assad government forces on one side, and pro-tyranny, Islamist forces on the other. Who cares who used the chemical weapons? Both sides are evil.

It is almost clearly established that those are not the two sides fighting. It is not pro assad vs islamist forces. There are many , many groups fighting in Syria.

The US were the ones funding alqaeda backed terrorists. They were the ones who behind the scenes and their saudi allies spurred on the conflict. They tried to cook up lies that Assad used chemical weapons as a ploy for intervention, when the UN themselves said the rebels did it.

Do you not see why having a puppet regime in Syria would be a step closer to Iran?

If you don't believe a word i'm saying, here are the words of Ron Paul, a senator in the US.

Just to end with, the issue of who used chemical weapons is absolutely pertinent. If it was the rebels, it destroys the credibility of the US government, and of the rebels, and of their motives.

[video="youtube_share;R53W_3sAv8A"]http://youtu.be/R53W_3sAv8A[/video]
It is almost clearly established that those are not the two sides fighting. It is not pro assad vs islamist forces. There are many , many groups fighting in Syria.

The US were the ones funding alqaeda backed terrorists. They were the ones who behind the scenes and their saudi allies spurred on the conflict. They tried to cook up lies that Assad used chemical weapons as a ploy for intervention, when the UN themselves said the rebels did it.

Do you not see why having a puppet regime in Syria would be a step closer to Iran?

If you don't believe a word i'm saying, here are the words of Ron Paul, a senator in the US.

Just to end with, the issue of who used chemical weapons is absolutely pertinent. If it was the rebels, it destroys the credibility of the US government, and of the rebels, and of their motives.

I would actually support, in principle, a US occupation of Syria (and of Iran), because that is better than the tyranny which exists at the moment. Undoubtedly the US and other parties try to spin things to support their own interests, but that doesn't make Syria a proxy war. It would be a proxy war if both sides were ideologically aligned to opposing great powers, like in the Cold war.

Even if Assad didn't use chemical weapons (which I find highly implausible - why do you place so much trust in UN investigators?), the very existence of Assad's regime is an atrocity, so there should be some sort of democratic opposition to his rule. Again, who cares who used the chemical weapons? The situation in Syria would be dire even with no outside intervention or sponsoring of rebels of any kind.
I would actually support, in principle, a US occupation of Syria (and of Iran), because that is better than the tyranny which exists at the moment. Undoubtedly the US and other parties try to spin things to support their own interests, but that doesn't make Syria a proxy war. It would be a proxy war if both sides were ideologically aligned to opposing great powers, like in the Cold war.

Even if Assad didn't use chemical weapons (which I find highly implausible - why do you place so much trust in UN investigators?), the very existence of Assad's regime is an atrocity, so there should be some sort of democratic opposition to his rule. Again, who cares who used the chemical weapons? The situation in Syria would be dire even with no outside intervention or sponsoring of rebels of any kind.

Without outside intervention or sponsoring of rebels there wouldn't even be a civil conflict to this level. A lot of the 'rebels' aren't even syrian, and the majority of their sponsoring, intervention and funding has come from outside.

Please, China is a dictatorship.

I am no fan of Assad, but under his regime, christians shia and sunni muslims, alawites, all lived together in peace. Since the influx of alqaeda extremists, there has only been intolerance bloodshed and hatred.

Ron Paul himself says what the US's ulterior motives are.
Reply 56
why the heck are 400 british muslims fighting for another country? why would they risk their lives for such a remote purpose? people are dying all the time in other countries, why syria in particular?

Plenty of british and american people fought in russian and spanish civil wars
Original post by James222
Plenty of british and american people fought in russian and spanish civil wars

how many
that's like saying the "muslim syrians are helping the syrians"
I'm not talking about domestic help, I was clearly referring to international help e.g. british muslims to syrian muslims

You didn't specify that in previous point, the only difference is travelling and is the same concept.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59

The american civil war was primarily about issues around federalism.
Whilst Syria is rightly or Wrongly perceived as genocide against muslims

Latest

Trending

Trending