The Student Room Group

I need an app idea for students

Any one has any mobile app idea that would benefit students in school/college that isn't ready out there? Or perhaps its already out but it costs so I could make a free one :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by bigboateng
Any one has any mobile app idea that would benefit students in school/college that isn't ready out there? Or perhaps its already out but it costs so I could make a free one :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

A word processing app kind of thing fir free that is actually decent

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by hl7495

Posted from TSR Mobile

By 'decent' what features would u like it to have?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I begrudge giving ideas to someone who clearly has out zero thought in themselves, but:

Flash card maker
Academic paper search engine
Map showing nearby businesses offering NUS discounts
Lift sharing / train ticket exchange requiring an academic email address
Reply 4
An app that finds the cheapest lunch deals within a desired radius of your location.
A homework crowd-sourcing app, that automatically posts your homework question to various student-focused websites so that you don't have to answer it yourself.
Reply 6
App for Lazy people like me

Which has Pre made Flash cards on subjects

Would love that, rather then writing my owns one!!
Something that could ban the internet on your iPod etc. for a certain amount of days (you choose) but it stays there, you can't go back, you can't change it or undo it with a password, after the days run out your internet comes back on. It'd be good if internet was (it usually is) your distraction for revision :tongue:
Reply 8
I would pay for the one giving info on nearby lunch discounts.
I don't know if it is technically do-able, but I would definitely love it.
Reply 9
word or something???
Reply 10
Original post by bigboateng

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are your capabilities? Any credentials or portfolio? Android or Iphone?
Note-sharing app or an app to help fellow students.

Requiring a verified uni e-mail of course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by hl7495

Posted from TSR Mobile

Open Office?
An app that allows you to find the nearest person seeking a FWB.

From what I can on my Twitter and Facebook timelines teenagers are now more horny than ever :| You'll make millions :wink:
An app that allows you to look up topics or something without using the internet since it has the source built in the app itself instead of hooking up to the net. It would save the cost on the internet and allows you to look up topics in the tube or out of coverage areas.
Reply 15
For law students, kinda like previous post where it's offline with all legal cases on a database.
Probably impossible but I can dream.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L'Etudiant
An app that allows you to find the nearest person seeking a FWB.

From what I can on my Twitter and Facebook timelines teenagers are now more horny than ever :| You'll make millions :wink:

Original post by marinaim
x

Marina, please introduce this guy to Tinder. :top:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Narcissist
I begrudge giving ideas to someone who clearly has out zero thought in themselves, but:

Flash card maker

The quizlet app/website does a pretty awesome job of making flashcards.
Original post by LadyEcliptic
Something that could ban the internet on your iPod etc. for a certain amount of days (you choose) but it stays there, you can't go back, you can't change it or undo it with a password, after the days run out your internet comes back on. It'd be good if internet was (it usually is) your distraction for revision :tongue:

That app would be amazing. It needs to be made asap.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by toonervoustotalk
That app would be amazing. It needs to be made asap.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hehe ^^
Especially helps if others in the house needs the internet. Just means you can't access it which would be fantastic as you would be forced to do other things :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest