The Student Room Group

Troubled memories

So I was with someone for 3 , but the amount they put me through was unbelievable. They cheated on me , never payed me back any money , went as far as texting other girls in my bed. They were so manipulative that I thought that they really liked me but behind my back they were sleeping with other people. It got to a point where they dumped me for someone else, I spiralled into depression , took anti depressants , counselling , ... I'm okay now but I still have hurtful memories ... In a weird way I still want this person back. Is that strange ? Anyone been through this ? They came back into contact after ending their relationship with the other person...but disappeared again.
Reply 1
I'm sorry to hear that you've been through all this trouble. It is not so strange to still want them back because you really liked the feeling of being liked and you want that back. You have to keep reminding yourself that in this situation that was a really false feeling because this person was deceitful and showed no regard for your feelings. Your self esteem is probably quite low for you to want him back. There are guys out there who would respect you and not manipulate you, and in a relationship with them you wouldn't get the negative feelings and worries all the time that you got in your previous relationship. Wouldn't that be so much better? You can have that if you wait for the right person. Don't settle for someone like your ex and get hurt again. If I were you I would break contact with the ex completely. He will have no positive effect on your life no matter whether you are friends or in a relationship, and he doesn't care about your feelings or what you're going through.
Reply 2
Original post by Orthonym
I'm sorry to hear that you've been through all this trouble. It is not so strange to still want them back because you really liked the feeling of being liked and you want that back. You have to keep reminding yourself that in this situation that was a really false feeling because this person was deceitful and showed no regard for your feelings. Your self esteem is probably quite low for you to want him back. There are guys out there who would respect you and not manipulate you, and in a relationship with them you wouldn't get the negative feelings and worries all the time that you got in your previous relationship. Wouldn't that be so much better? You can have that if you wait for the right person. Don't settle for someone like your ex and get hurt again. If I were you I would break contact with the ex completely. He will have no positive effect on your life no matter whether you are friends or in a relationship, and he doesn't care about your feelings or what you're going through.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate that, You have really helped me today! God bless
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you so much, I really appreciate that, You have really helped me today! God bless

Re-reading that - I'm sorry for my gender preconception! Same applies either way. Stay strong :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending