The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Because the concept of a single partner that you devote your life to is probably outmoded. If you want to only have sex with one person for the rest of your life then go for it.

Otherwise, what is stopping you other than your partners jealousy?

Original post by tasha1993
why do men cheat? why dont they just break up with the person and get with someone else?
Reply 2
Original post by tonberry
But not that only males cheat, right? So don't generalize.

Why not tell about your experience and vent here? :smile:

Well i have had my heart broken recently :biggrin: Although i didnt care as much cuz the relationship was dead and i no longer loved the guy anymore. Its just i was comfortable with him and we lived together. I liked having someone to cuddle with ect :biggrin: p.s your nosey but its nice to air my feelings :colone:
Reply 3
Original post by CB101
Because the concept of a single partner that you devote your life to is probably outmoded. If you want to only have sex with one person for the rest of your life then go for it.

If a person wants to have sex with anyone they like they should not commit to a relationship?
Reply 4
If a person wants to have sex with anyone they like they should not commit to a relationship?

Maybe you enjoy their company and would like to live together. That doesn't mean you have to stop having sex with everyone else does it?
Reply 5
Original post by CB101
Maybe you enjoy their company and would like to live together. That doesn't mean you have to stop having sex with everyone else does it?

thats just awkward living with someone and then shagging someone else whilst living under the same roof. It would lead to arguments/fights ect
Reply 6
thats just awkward living with someone and then shagging someone else whilst living under the same roof. It would lead to arguments/fights ect

My girlfriend and I sleep with other people. It's not awkward for us because we know that at the end of the day we are the people we want to come home to
Reply 7
Original post by cb101
my girlfriend and i sleep with other people. It's not awkward for us because we know that at the end of the day we are the people we want to come home to

she isnt your girlfriend she is just your friend with benefits :d
Reply 8
Original post by CB101
My girlfriend and I sleep with other people. It's not awkward for us because we know that at the end of the day we are the people we want to come home to

How long would your relationship last, if you go on like this?
Reply 9
she isnt your girlfriend she is just your friend with benefits :d

Original post by Hellcat12
How long would your relationship last, if you go on like this?

brb just going to go find out the future :rolleyes:

It started like this because as freshers we hooked up a few times and went on dates but when she was ready to move to the next level of the relationship I wasn't because I wanted to be young, experiment with different people etc so she agreed that we could still see each other etc.

I think it's more than FWB since she's the only girls I've taken to meet my parents, we've been like this for nearly 4 years, no matter how much casual sex we have, we never do 'couple-y' stuff with other people etc.
Reply 10
Original post by CB101

Original post by CB101

Why is it an outdated model?
When you really like someone, you tend to want to have sex with them far more then other people, and the fact that the other partner may not do the same may feel like a sign that they don't like you very much.
However, people stay together, even after this feeling ends (Eg. original poster) and that's when you need to call it quits. This is the case with many couples i've seen, especially out of those married for ages. They end up being miserable bastards who don't like each other but stay together for convenience (Money, shared friends, children etc).

You and your GF shagging other people just seems really odd to me but hey, it works for you and i don't really care much about what anyone else does.
Reply 11
why do men cheat? why dont they just break up with the person and get with someone else?

I have wondered.....
It applies to both, men and women alike. But answering your question, I think it's just animal instinct, getting tired of your current partner and searching for love/care/sex somewhere else and not wanting to leave that partner, in case their feelings are hurt. It could be the fault of the person who is being cheated. It all depends on the scenario, there are vast reasons for cheating.
And I am not counting play boys here because, they will always be promiscuous and dishonest.
Reply 12
Original post by uxa595
Why is it an outdated model?
When you really like someone, you tend to want to have sex with them far more then other people, and the fact that the other partner may not do the same may feel like a sign that they don't like you very much.
However, people stay together, even after this feeling ends (Eg. original poster) and that's when you need to call it quits. This is the case with many couples i've seen, especially out of those married for ages. They end up being miserable bastards who don't like each other but stay together for convenience (Money, shared friends, children etc).

You and your GF shagging other people just seems really odd to me but hey, it works for you and i don't really care much about what anyone else does.

And that's the case. I do like having sex with her more than anybody else. I just like sex with other people too. Read the above post if you need clarifications as to the why in all of this.

Maybe we aren't a real couple in the way people define it. Maybe we are just FWB. I guess it comes down to semantics at this point :dontknow:
Reply 13
I have wondered.....
It applies to both, men and women alike. But answering your question, I think it's just animal instinct, getting tired of your current partner and searching for love/care/sex somewhere else and not wanting to leave that partner, in case their feelings are hurt. It could be the fault of the person who is being cheated. It all depends on the scenario, there are vast reasons for cheating.
And I am not counting play boys here because, they will always be promiscuous and dishonest.

Amazing answer I 100% agree
Reply 14
Original post by CB101
brb just going to go find out the future :rolleyes:

It started like this because as freshers we hooked up a few times and went on dates but when she was ready to move to the next level of the relationship I wasn't because I wanted to be young, experiment with different people etc so she agreed that we could still see each other etc.

I think it's more than FWB since she's the only girls I've taken to meet my parents, we've been like this for nearly 4 years, no matter how much casual sex we have, we never do 'couple-y' stuff with other people etc.

If it suits you.
I would be terrified at the very thought of sleeping around, along with having a boyfriend.
Reply 15
Original post by CB101
And that's the case. I do like having sex with her more than anybody else. I just like sex with other people too. Read the above post if you need clarifications as to the why in all of this.

Maybe we aren't a real couple in the way people define it. Maybe we are just FWB. I guess it comes down to semantics at this point :dontknow:

Out of curiosity, is it not awkward when it comes up that you/she had sex with another person?
Reply 16
Always looking for better I suppose :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by uxa595
Out of curiosity, is it not awkward when it comes up that you/she had sex with another person?

It's only awkward when other people make a big deal out of it. We talk about it quite naturally. Sometimes she'll tease me when I ask her to do something a certain way but otherwise we have no issues. In fact, sex together is so much better.

Eventually, I see us not seeing anyone else but right now I'm happy where we are :dontknow:
Reply 18
Amazing answer I 100% agree

I have known many people who just stay with their partners for benefits, such as financial help, shelter, food, etc. The relationship turns out to be a fraud from the beginning and the cheating partner knows it very well, but being a mediocre, dependent moron, he/she are too cowardly to admit that they can fend for themselves. *sigh* It mostly applies to women.
Reply 19
I have known many people who just stay with their partners for benefits, such as financial help, shelter, food, etc. The relationship turns out to be a fraud from the beginning and the cheating partner knows it very well, but being a mediocre, dependent moron, he/she are too cowardly to admit that they can fend for themselves. *sigh* It mostly applies to women.

Out of interest, as a 19 year old, how have you seen all this?

Latest

Trending

Trending