The Student Room Group

MSc in Computer Science

Hi, I'm an international student and I got an offer from UCL for MSc in Computer Science. It's a conversion programme for non cs graduates. My first degree is in manufacturing systems/industrial engineering. But I have some concerns. Do you think it will be too hard for a non cs graduate? I just had one module of C++ basics during my 2nd year.
Well my first degree is in electrical engineering, and I'm going into MSc Advanced Computing at ICL (it's intended for people with computing first degree).

It really all just depends on how much you enjoy the subject from what I saw. If you enjoy it, you will do well, if not, you won't.

Looking at the UCL MSc CS curriculum, it doesn't seem very difficult and I would say it's reasonable, as long as you are comfortable with C++.
Original post by aeniel
Hi, I'm an international student and I got an offer from UCL for MSc in Computer Science. It's a conversion programme for non cs graduates. My first degree is in manufacturing systems/industrial engineering. But I have some concerns. Do you think it will be too hard for a non cs graduate? I just had one module of C++ basics during my 2nd year.

How was the application process for ucl?
Reply 3
Original post by Engineer2015
How was the application process for ucl?

Not a big deal actually. I just applied online on January and waited for their decision. There wasn't any interview or anything else to do. They sent me an offer on March.
Original post by aeniel
Not a big deal actually. I just applied online on January and waited for their decision. There wasn't any interview or anything else to do. They sent me an offer on March.

I'm doing one module in my final year that involves programming, did you have to send in a program along with the application?
Reply 5
I'm doing one module in my final year that involves programming, did you have to send in a program along with the application?

I had one module of intro C++ during my undergrad. So, it was enough for me to get an offer, I did not send anything else :smile:
Original post by aeniel
I had one module of intro C++ during my undergrad. So, it was enough for me to get an offer, I did not send anything else :smile:

Cool, are from the uk or eu? I'm looking to move to london next year and do my master at ucl.
Reply 7
Cool, are from the uk or eu? I'm looking to move to london next year and do my master at ucl.

I'm from Turkey

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending