The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Environmental policy with economics

Hi, i am applying to lse this year and kind of facing some difficulty in choosing between pure economics and environmental policy with economics. I have a passion about environment but personally i am more inclined towards econs. It would be perfect if the course is equally balanced instead of "with economics." i know very few people get enrolled in this course every year,7 i guess for last year. So anybody here is currently studying this or are you having the same doubt?
Really appreciate if you can give me some advice.
Hey there,

I'm currently doing Environmental Policy w. Economics. I faced exactly the same doubt as you when I applied. Just a bit of advice:
- Although the course is small, if you do have the Grades, you do stand a good chance of getting in, cause this is one of the less popular courses at LSE.
- I would recommend going over the course outline on the LSE website. Especially the Environment modules such as Sustainable Development and Environmental Change.
- And have you done Geography before at A-levels or the IB? Because if you havent, one of the modules is going to be really difficult. I know that its not a requirement. But Still.
- Finally if you get in, after the first year you can definitely change to BSc Econ, provided you get 70% in econ, math, stats and 60% in the Geo Modules.
- My personal advice : think about applying to Geography with Economics also. Same modules, more choice. more economics i think. :smile:

Good Luck and All the Best.
Feel free to ask any other questions
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Hi there, I'm thinking for applying for this course at LSE as well because personally I'm very interested in the economic area of environmental issues. LSE is probs the only university that offers such a course, so I'll be applying for pure economics for my 4 other choices... so I was wondering if you guys could give me some advice on how to write my personal statement since it has to be generalised to accommodate to all courses. Should I make it pre-dominantly about economics or more towards the environmental side? Thank you!
Hey jiaxinxz!I am facing the same problem as you, and I was wondering if you could give me some advice or just tell me how you proceeded. :smile:PS: I am also applying for economics and global sustainable development at WawrickThanks and have a good day!!
Original post by sophiatuwebti
Hey jiaxinxz!I am facing the same problem as you, and I was wondering if you could give me some advice or just tell me how you proceeded. :smile:PS: I am also applying for economics and global sustainable development at WawrickThanks and have a good day!!

hey there! i'm planning to apply to lse's environmental policy with econs & geography with economics (2019 entry). i'm also having some trouble with my personal statement as i'm not sure how much of the personal statement should be focused on environment/geography and economics.

let's hope someone can help us out :frown:

Quick Reply