The Student Room Group

How would you describe being normal and weird

Being normal is having an iphone, following what everyone does.
Being weird is being different. I think being normal is boring. How do you describe being normal and being weird.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My friends would call me weird for having an iPhone :laugh:

Normal to me is not standing out, sort of being similar to everyone else, like conforming to what's seen as standard/typical
If I were to say someone is weird, I mean that they're different, they're not what I would call normal or standard

In my opinion the weirder the better, weird and proud :yep:
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm called weird because I'd rather go to the book store or library rather than a clothes store. (Honestly, how many clothes do you need!)

Anyway, to me normal is where you don't stand out, when you're action aren't noteworthy and all that. It's when you're conforming to what society defines as "Normal"

To me weird is the opposite of that, it's when you don't abide with what society defines as "normal" so I think that everyone should have a healthy dose of weirdness. Afterall, all geniuses(or genii?) are weird because they're not conforming with what society defines as "normal". So you can say that exraordinary is equals to weird

No offense intended to anyone BTW, this is just my opinion.
"Normal" is getting your ideas/clothes/behavior off the telly

"Weird" is thinking for yourself
Even playing piano is weird in nowadays... Thus I have given up to be normal from years ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nerds are weird apparently? Well then I'm biggest weird! I'm very intelligent.
Reply 6
Nowadays I feel like being "weird" sometimes mean just being yourself and not trying to act and look like other people. So personally I don't find it offensive to be called weird, actually it means that you are one of a kind :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest