The Student Room Group

English Language and Literature revision

Hi, I'm just wondering how everyone here revises for English Language and Literature exams? I'm studying Jekyll and Hyde, Of Mice and Men, A View From the Bridge, and some Heaney Poetry. I would normally just re-read books/poems and make notes. What are your thoughts?
Original post by Maatt
Hi, I'm just wondering how everyone here revises for English Language and Literature exams? I'm studying Jekyll and Hyde, Of Mice and Men, A View From the Bridge, and some Heaney Poetry. I would normally just re-read books/poems and make notes. What are your thoughts?

Language is just doing past papers and looking up some techniques that you can use for answering certain types of question. For the literature exam however, I organise the set texts into topics such as: Appearance vs Reality, Parents Child relationship, Nature... etc. Look online or realise yourself what the main themes are and write notes on them as one or two of them will probably come up in the exam and you'll be prepared about what to write. Also I would recommend looking at literature past papers and create essay plans for some of the questions (i.e. what you would write about and how you would lay your answer out). Oh, and for the poems the best way is to try to understand what the poet is writing about and remembering off by heart the literary techniques he/she used.

Quick Reply

Latest