The Student Room Group

Things Teachers Say...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
"I don't lose things." Really? Never? You've never lost anything in your life? No papers, homework, etc? Okay then, you almighty God, you.

"Don't pack up, we have seven seconds left."

"You guys are too young to remember this, but *recalls news story from 8 years ago that of course everyone remembers because they were about 12, not 4.*"
(edited 10 years ago)
"do your top button up"
"put your tie on properly"
"take out that piercing"
"those aren't school shoes!"
"break ended 5 minutes ago!"
"you're late!"
"single file!"/"go to the back"
"where's your homework! you don't have it? then get out"
"uh-uh-uh! just because the bell's gone that doesn't mean the lesson's over!"
"show me your working"
"don't use a rubber/pencil use a smudgy pen instead!"
"sit down!"
"stop talking!"
"put your phone away!"
"take those ear phones out"
"is that a doodle on the table? of me?!"
"that kid at the back won't stop talking, therefore I'm giving the whole class a detention!" (true story)
"it's the last day of the year? oh course I'm not going to let you kids watch a movie!"
"what's that? *yoink* that's not allowed in school"
"see me after class"
"what's that? you need to go to the toilet? well you should have gone at break time when you didn't need to"
"turn off your computer, that's an inappropriate google search"
"don't you EVER say that sexist word against women!" (true story again; apparently "bitch" is sexist)

just **** off...
(edited 10 years ago)
My drama teacher told me that go to Hollywood early, you need to have sex with directors 0_0 considering the fact that I'm male, I'm screwed :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sunny_Smiles
"it's the last day of the year? oh course I'm not going to let you kids watch a movie!"

"It's the last day of the year. I'm exhausted and there's nothing I'd like more than to put on a movie but I don't dare since those pushy parents wrote a letter of complaint about me doing so to the Chair of Governors last summer."
Original post by Mr...
...the push your buttons

For me

Student: Can I go to the toilet?
Teacher: I don't know, can you?:troll:
Student::rant:

What about you?

My old gcse chemistry teacher told us we could get wrecked off a loaf of sunblest
Original post by Mr M
"It's the last day of the year. I'm exhausted and there's nothing I'd like more than to put on a movie but I don't dare since those pushy parents wrote a letter of complaint about me doing so to the Chair of Governors last summer."

a parent complained? about kids watching movies on the last day? what soul destroyers :lol: and they shouldn't have listened to those parents anyway
Reply 46
Original post by Mr M
Unless you have a medical condition you should use the toilet at break, lunchtime or the transition being lessons. Have you ever seen your teacher walk out of a lesson to have a pee? There are plenty of other jobs where toilet access is not a given.

There are many reasons why your teacher is reluctant to let you out. I'm sure you just need to pee but some of your peers have very different motives. The least sinister is to avoid work. When students are unsupervised they remain the legal responsibility of the school. There have been numerous cases of children self-harming and even attempting suicide on site when let out to use the toilet. It is often used as an opportunity for vandalism - think of the poor caretaker who has to clean dirty protests off the walls and out of the sinks. Smoking, bullying and arranging meetings with other students are other issues.

Yes I've had many teachers do this all the time, then proceed to refuse you to allow you not to go when they have just wasted 20 mins of our time going!
"The Army is a cheap way out. You're going to get raped, shot & blown to pieces by a bomb".

Great encouragement :colonhash:
Original post by Mr M

THIS IS COMPLETELY TRUE, same reason we are not able to watch movies in class...
a parent complained? about kids watching movies on the last day? what soul destroyers :lol: and they shouldn't have listened to those parents anyway

You wouldn't believe the complaints schools receive. A parent at one of our feeder Primary Schools wrote to her M.P. to complain she had seen her child's teacher enter a pub at the weekend.
"that kid at the back won't stop talking, therefore I'm giving the whole class a detention!" (true story)

This happened a few times at my first high school.

An entire class of behaving students shouldn't be punished because of your inability to control one pupil, you absolute eejit. :unimpressed:
English teacher: "So what do you think the poet is trying to say?"

Student: "I think [x], [y] and [z]"

English teacher:"That's wrong but thanks for playing!"
Original post by Meyrin
This happened a few times at my first high school.

An entire class of behaving students shouldn't be punished because of your inability to control one pupil, you absolute eejit. :unimpressed:

Whole-class punishments are incredibly ineffective unless the desired effect is to turn the whole class against you.
Original post by Mr M
You wouldn't believe the complaints schools receive. A parent at one of our feeder Primary Schools wrote to her M.P. to complain she had seen her child's teacher enter a pub at the weekend.

you wouldn't believe the policies some of my old schools took
I used to go to this private school and they had this massive playground area that sloped down, and just because one kid fell down and rolled across the playground with some grazes they fenced off the entirety of it so the only thing that was left was this tiny little area down at the bottom which was the flat area (for the younger years; the older years got a bigger playground so it was a real slap in the face at the time)
and also, one kid climbed this small wall and fell off it and hurt himself and due to that they fenced off the entire area, not just the wall, but the little steps where the wall was near to...jeez.
and at my middle school (state school) my friend's sister slipped over on the ice during a snowy-period and because of that they ended break really early and they didn't let us out at lunch time - the one day of many many years when it happened to snow and they didn't let us go outside for it :lol: good grief
you wouldn't believe the policies some of my old schools took
I used to go to this private school and they had this massive playground area that sloped down, and just because one kid fell down and rolled across the playground with some grazes they fenced off the entirety of it so the only thing that was left was this tiny little area down at the bottom which was the flat area (for the younger years; the older years got a bigger playground so it was a real slap in the face at the time)
and also, one kid climbed this small wall and fell off it and hurt himself and due to that they fenced off the entire area, not just the wall, but the little steps where the wall was near to...jeez.
and at my middle school (state school) my friend's sister slipped over on the ice during a snowy-period and because of that they ended break really early and they didn't let us out at lunch time - the one day of many many years when it happened to snow and they didn't let us go outside for it :lol: good grief

Covering their backsides against legal action.
'Come on girls we've got things to learn'- Well if we have so much to learn then why weren't you teaching us it for the other half hour?
'May I go to the toilet' 'Why didn't you go earlier/ at lunch?'- I am sorry I cant predict when my bladder is going to be full even though you obviously can
Reply 56
Original post by Firenze26
Me: Miss I really need to pee
Teacher: Can't you hold it in, you only have to wait for 3 mins. It's not like they would close the doors
Me: Fine

3 mins later

Teacher:.... And that's all you need to know, you're dismissed
Me: Thank God, bye!

Running out of the door, I went to the comfort room and saw a guy closing the door.

Me: Excuse me, I really need to pee
Guy: Sorry kid, you should have gone 3 mins ago. We were ordered to close all the loos by the principal.
Me: NOOOOO!

They lock the toilets when lessons end?! Also what the **** is a comfort room?
Original post by Meyrin

You realise that teachers aren't hypnotists? If a child wants to misbehave, they can misbehave whoever the teacher is.
Reply 58
Lol at all the toilet-related posts.

I never let my pupils go out to the toilet - unless I know they have a medical condition or they are literally about to pee on the floor. They can go at break or lunch.

I can't remember anyone ever asking to go when I was at school myself :dontknow: It's human sense, pee when you have the time to pee.
Original post by Mr M
Covering their backsides against legal action.

they might as well be making kids wear crash-helmets these days :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest