The Student Room Group

What advantage is there to being a woman?

Being legit here no BS what advantages are there? As far as I see it there are only disadvantages.

- painful births, a chance of dying from it.
-periods.
-Physically less stronger and faster than men due to the shape and development of their hips and smaller upper torso.
-gender unequality still exists.
-cant pick all the jobs they want yet (infantry, rangers).
-higher amount of estrogen causing mood swings.

that's all I can think of maybe smarter but barely.

Scroll to see replies

Pretty dresses/skirts, high heels, make up, guys :awesome:

:rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you're dumb, some people will find it cute.
If you're not hot, you can trick people with make up.
They have better toilets. It's all a conspiracy.
If you're on a sinking ship, you get to go first.
You're allowed to be scared at horror movies and no one takes the piss out of you.
You don't need to pay for meals/nights out.
And let's not forget 'Ladies first' :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
You're much less likely to be convicted of a crime, become homeless, or commit suicide. Women seem to have more compressed outcomes - fewer star geniuses, and fewer miserable failures - with the vast majority having good if unexceptional lives. Of course most people of both sexes won't be either star geniuses or miserable failures anyway.
If you ignore the bitchiness, girls' friendships I'd say are generally stronger. They are more open to sharing their emotions with each other.

Women can also cry without being ridiculed for it.
Also women are much neater and I can actually read their handwriting.
Ability to express emotions without being ridiculed.
Able to wear any clothes.
Able to wear makeup.
Freedom to stay at home with kids
Never being called a creep.
Freedom to hit guys (mostly) without fear of retaliation.
Quotas.
Reply 7
Original post by Autistic Merit
If you ignore the bitchiness, girls' friendships I'd say are generally stronger. They are more open to sharing their emotions with each other.

Women can also cry without being ridiculed for it.

Male friendships can be just as strong though even with some taking their brotherhood with gangs and stuff like that.

As for the crying perhaps once men were ridiculed for crying in public but that hasn't been the case for a long time
Reply 8
I cant be bothered to write a list of disadvantages and advantages but I will just say no matter which one is longer, I ****ing love being female :biggrin:
If you're good looking you can have loads of pathetic lackies do stuff for you

that is true

Would still stay a man given the option though
Original post by Red one
Being legit here no BS what advantages are there? As far as I see it there are only disadvantages.

- painful births, a chance of dying from it.
-periods.
-Physically less stronger and faster than men due to the shape and development of their hips and smaller upper torso.
-gender unequality still exists.
-cant pick all the jobs they want yet (infantry, rangers).
-higher amount of estrogen causing mood swings.

that's all I can think of maybe smarter but barely.

Care to name the most prominent scientists, inventors, entrepreneurs, writers in the world? Are they mainly women?

And men have higher levels of testosterone which makes us more likely to get into fist fights that lead to our teeth getting kicked in
Reply 12
Original post by yo radical one
If you're good looking you can have loads of pathetic lackies do stuff for you

that is true

Would still stay a man given the option though

Good looking guys have ladies do stuff for them, too :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Zürich
Care to name the most prominent scientists, inventors, entrepreneurs, writers in the world? Are they mainly women?

In the standard Bell curve of Human Intelligence women tend to dominate the middle while men dominate the extremes at both the high and low ends. While it's true that the most brilliant minds have tended to men, the greatest follies and stupidities have also been the work of men. A better way of putting it would be that women are more balanced than men and less likely to be either a brilliant or idiotic. Men always want to ignore the fact that for every brilliant man there are thousands of men who are total fools, there's a lot to be said for those solid middle ground women who so often seem to get stuck with the job of cleaning up their men's messes.

Also let's not forget the fact that women have been oppressed by men throughout history and so receiving an education and going to university hasn't been around for that long.
Reply 14
They can sleep their way to riches and a prestigious family.
Original post by cerlohee
Good looking guys have ladies do stuff for them, too :smile:

Never seen it happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
- Pretty clothes
- You're not judged for spending time and effort on your appearance - for example taking hours to get ready to go out (in fact it's pretty much compulsory which is a disadvantage I guess)
- You can become a childminder/teacher/talk to a child without being labelled as a pedophile
- You can talk to the opposite sex without being labelling as a pervert or a threat
- Women are generally judged less for showing emotion (although women can be taken less seriously because of this)
- There's less pressure to earn money - if you want to stay at home full time, you're likely to be judged less than a man

This makes it sound like I think being female is great - I really don't (in fact it's pretty **** at times) but I don't believe being a man would be perfect either.
Nights out are cheaper. I know of girls from uni who pay little more than just the entrance fee because they know strangers will buy them drinks enough for them to get merry.
Original post by coopertroopa03

- You can become a childminder/teacher/talk to a child without being labelled as a pedophile

As a male teacher, I agree. Would rep if I could.
Reply 19
Original post by majmuh24
Never seen it happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe the guys weren't attractive enough or the girls weren't pathetic enough :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest