The Student Room Group

Supercar Syndicate

I was thinking, if I got like 10 people together who each pay £5,000 for a share of a supercar, we would be able to buy a £50,000 supercar (or more like £40/45,000 if you think about insurance).

Then we each get a set amount of days to drive it and pay, say £200 a month for storage and upkeep of it.

Does this kind of thing already exist?

Scroll to see replies

50,000 isn't supercar money

even a old gallardo isn't 50,000 and ones that are close are a hassle to maintain
Original post by Runninground
I was thinking, if I got like 10 people together who each pay £5,000 for a share of a supercar, we would be able to buy a £50,000 supercar (or more like £40/45,000 if you think about insurance).

Then we each get a set amount of days to drive it and pay, say £200 a month for storage and upkeep of it.

Does this kind of thing already exist?

This definitely exists already! I can't remember what it was called or anything, but I remember reading about this / watching this somewhere...
Original post by Rump Steak
This definitely exists already! I can't remember what it was called or anything, but I remember reading about this / watching this somewhere...

p1 supercar club

but was 15 000 a year and it's about to fold ..,

cheaper to just rent one
Reply 4
Original post by JusDeCitronVert
50,000 isn't supercar money

even a old gallardo isn't 50,000 and ones that are close are a hassle to maintain

You can get an Audi R8 for £45,000, 08 reg.
Reply 5
Nissan GTR
VW Phaeton
Original post by traintracks1995
VW Phaeton

Count me in if this is the car we're going to opt to purchase or an alternative German saloon. If its not German and isn't a saloon then to be honest I am not interested. This man only drives elegant German whips.

:cool:
Traintracks :rofl:
:rofl:
Original post by Runninground
You can get an Audi R8 for £45,000, 08 reg.

the old ones aren't that impressive

the V10 ones are bare minimum supercar

it'll be a costly venture and legal issues are hard who owns it?
Original post by Camoxide
Nissan GTR

I was in one last week

the launch control in that is amazing

fastest launch EVER !! beats anything with a tax disc off the line but after that others will overtake
Original post by Mickey O'Neil
Count me in if this is the car we're going to opt to purchase or an alternative German saloon. If its not German and isn't a saloon then to be honest I am not interested. This man only drives elegant German whips.

:cool:

If enough members were interested then we could pitch in to buy a Phaeton, taking it in turns to chauffeur each other to important functions.
If enough members were interested then we could pitch in to buy a Phaeton, taking it in turns to chauffeur each other to important functions.

I'll be interested brah
Original post by James A
I'll be interested brah

Don a chauffeur's outfit and drop me off at my next school reunion bro
Don a chauffeur's outfit and drop me off at my next school reunion bro

tuxedo bro, I will be ready for whenever you need me to drive :bigsmile:
Original post by James A
tuxedo bro, I will be ready for whenever you need me to drive :bigsmile:

The girls that wouldn't speak to me at school will be all over me when they see me balling in my Phaeton, compared to the lesser men working menial jobs for sub 20k.
The girls that wouldn't speak to me at school will be all over me when they see me balling in my Phaeton, compared to the lesser men working menial jobs for sub 20k.

They will be all over you man, just cruising nicely. Just enable the central locking incase they try to get a piece of you whilst in the front seat :sexface:
Reply 18
Original post by JusDeCitronVert
I was in one last week

the launch control in that is amazing

fastest launch EVER !! beats anything with a tax disc off the line but after that others will overtake

:laugh: No.
Reply 19
Nah. Save 5k get a 20 year old ferrari. Rebuild it as a project. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest