The Student Room Group

Do you like curly hair?

I'm at the house party age, and I have hair quite similar to this photo.

When I go out, I can't help but feel my hair makes me stick out like a sore thumb. It's voluminous, so definitely eye catching, but it can make me quite self conscious, especially as EVERYONE always wears their hair straight. I'm virtually always the only curly haired girl (I understand it's to do with genetics, but people seem to have 'grown-out' of curling their hair).
:unsure:
So, I was just wondering if people like curly hair, or they just think it looks odd?
Straight vs. curly?

beyonce.jpg

Scroll to see replies

I occasionally like "wavy", but not "curly", but I'm open to changing my mind
I think hair like that is gorgeous! So voluminous :love:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have curly hair and people always tell me it looks nice.
If you're self conscious about it, people will realise and it won't look as good as if you wear it with an "I don't give a ****" attitude. Curly hair is beautiful and it is often good to be different. Wear it with pride :biggrin:.
It can be if you look after it well and try not to hide it. Curly hair is made to be noticed!
Aww wow I'd love to have your hair! I always curl mine when I go out, although my friends don't seem to any more. Wavy seems to be the trend, but I don't think I'll ever bore of curls!
Thanks everyone, surprisingly positive feedback! :smile:
Curly hair is great, granted it's a pain to brush, but it always looks excellent, as long as it's well conditioned and looked after.
So beauiful! I also have super curly hair, which I use to hate, now I love my hair and how unique it is. I know what you mean, I feel people define me by my hair, like they think if if I shaved it off I wouldn't be me. I get a lot of people touching my hair (alot of the time, people I don't even know) :s-smilie: I feel like saying, "I don't wash my hair all that often so please get your grubby fingers out of it!"
... What's the 'house party age'?!
Original post by fortunesfool
So beauiful! I also have super curly hair, which I use to hate, now I love my hair and how unique it is. I know what you mean, I feel people define me by my hair, like they think if if I shaved it off I wouldn't be me. I get a lot of people touching my hair (alot of the time, people I don't even know) :s-smilie: I feel like saying, "I don't wash my hair all that often so please get your grubby fingers out of it!"

Thanks! I really hope it grows on me too, I think it might be a little :smile: &haha yeah I had one person who starter playing with my hair but calling it a weave :') it was weeeird!
How often do you wash yours? Mine takes a while to get greasy so I wash it less frequently than my friends do..
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
... What's the 'house party age'?!

Well I mean AS level age, as in most are desperate to go to clubs, but 1 year to go, so house parties are big at the moment :')
Original post by theycallmecurly
Thanks! I really hope it grows on me too, I think it might be a little :smile: &haha yeah I had one person who starter playing with my hair but calling it a weave :') it was weeeird!
How often do you wash yours? Mine takes a while to get greasy so I wash it less frequently than my friends do..

Mine doesn't greasy, it gets extremely dry :frown: I usually wash mine twice a week. I used to just wash it once a week, but I wear it down alot now, so I have to wash it more often now or else it's too dry and frizzy to wear down.
I have to. My head's full of curly. :getmecoat: My curls are looser than what's in that picture but still my hair is almost as voluminous and eye-catching so I do get how annoying it is when you're the only curly in a room full of straight haired people. I wouldn't give it up for straight hair, though. I'm lazy with my looks so all I have to do is just move it all to the side (which takes ~20 seconds) and it looks like I've spent ages styling it. :borat: Plus it's easier to maintain than straight hair - I shampoo mine on every fourth wash (shampoo is the worst thing in the world for curly hair) and only brush it before and straight after I wash it or in those rare times I straighten it.

The pain it brings is worth it. Curly hair is awesome. :h:
Yeah it looks good. Big curly afros look really cool on black girls.
Original post by Vixen47
I have to. My head's full of curly. :getmecoat: My curls are looser than what's in that picture but still my hair is almost as voluminous and eye-catching so I do get how annoying it is when you're the only curly in a room full of straight haired people. I wouldn't give it up for straight hair, though. I'm lazy with my looks so all I have to do is just move it all to the side (which takes ~20 seconds) and it looks like I've spent ages styling it. :borat: Plus it's easier to maintain than straight hair - I shampoo mine on every fourth wash (shampoo is the worst thing in the world for curly hair) and only brush it before and straight after I wash it or in those rare times I straighten it.

The pain it brings is worth it. Curly hair is awesome. :h:

Ohhh I shampoo mine every other wash- I will definitely try shampooing it less! :bath: Also, I use a comb to get the knots out in the shower-I know it's supposed to be bad for it combing it wet, but it would honestly take hours otherwise! :dontknow: Thanks for the lengthy reply thou', much appreciated!
Reply 16
no.
Original post by IronSoldier
no.

fair enough! hahan :aetsch:
Yes.

Where's the poll?
I'm a guy and I've got curly hair. I' get called pubehead sometimes and a girl rejected me because my hair apparently reminded her of her vagina. :redface:

Still, these problems probably aren't applicable to girls.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending