The Student Room Group

Should I go to another 6th form?

Hi, I'm nearing the end of year 12 and I am not feeling at all confident about my upcoming exams. The sixth form I'm in is also closing soon, which means I can only re-sit my AS exams at the same time as my A2 exams. If I don't do very well during that re-sit I can not re-sit without going to a different sixth form, it is also impossible for me to re-sit my A2 exams at all at my current sixth form. Should I simply start year 12 again at another sixth form next year given my situation? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by MellowMuppet
Hi, I'm nearing the end of year 12 and I am not feeling at all confident about my upcoming exams. The sixth form I'm in is also closing soon, which means I can only re-sit my AS exams at the same time as my A2 exams. If I don't do very well during that re-sit I can not re-sit without going to a different sixth form, it is also impossible for me to re-sit my A2 exams at all at my current sixth form. Should I simply start year 12 again at another sixth form next year given my situation? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

You could apply to other 6th forms, but i wouldnt make any final decisions about moving until results day. You might do better than expected, so there would be no need to move.
What where you thinking of doing after your a-levels?
Reply 2
Original post by Emma:-)
You could apply to other 6th forms, but i wouldnt make any final decisions about moving until results day. You might do better than expected, so there would be no need to move.
What where you thinking of doing after your a-levels?

Hopefully university. I'm not sure what course yet but I'm leaning towards something to do with either journalism or archaeology.
Hopefully university. I'm not sure what course yet but I'm leaning towards something to do with either journalism or archaeology.

It might be worth looking into other 6th forms or colleges, but like i said, you might do better than you expected in your as levels.
What subjects are you doing and what grades do you think you will get?
Reply 4
It might be worth looking into other 6th forms or colleges, but like i said, you might do better than you expected in your as levels.
What subjects are you doing and what grades do you think you will get?

I think I'll probably get a C or a B in English Literature, a C or a B in Philosophy, a C in Economics and a B or an A in History.
I think I'll probably get a C or a B in English Literature, a C or a B in Philosophy, a C in Economics and a B or an A in History.

Those grades are quite good. I dont know what you are worrying about.
Reply 6
Those grades are quite good. I dont know what you are worrying about.

True, but to be honest I don't enjoy my current sixth form that much. Also the sixth form I'm considering going to has a subject that I would love to do which I can't at the one I'm at now.

Quick Reply

Latest