The Student Room Group

MS1 Media Studies WJEC Help!

Is anyone else doing this exam because I'm finding it really hard to revise for and wondered if anyone had any advice

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i am resitting it, i would put some of your revision on working on your examples for the audience/representation questions, and drawing out the examples in terms of age, men, women, ethnicity and national/regional identity
Reply 2
thank you! As we know it is print based what do you think It will be this year because previously we've had film posters and magazines I seem to remember
Reply 3
I'm actually not sure, but I hope it's magazine covers, or film posters, there preety easy
Reply 4
Original post by dhill07
I'm actually not sure, but I hope it's magazine covers, or film posters, there preety easy
Yes I agree , wouldn't know what to put if it was an article though
Reply 5
Original post by c0micsams
Yes I agree , wouldn't know what to put if it was an article though

article as in newspaper article? im preety unsure also, but if Q1 doesnt go so well, you have your examples, just make sure their different i.e one print based and 2 audio visual
Does anyone know any good theorys to use in the exam... i have a few...but not enough I don't think :'( someone help please!??! DX
Reply 7
What does everyone think may come up. Also is anyone able to specify what has to go into Q3's examples? Eg. if it were representation of age? also how does GRANITE fit in? is it a fair template for Q1?
Reply 8
Original post by moleylofty
Does anyone know any good theorys to use in the exam... i have a few...but not enough I don't think :'( someone help please!??! DX

Here are some theories we were given, hope it helps
I'm doing this paper soon and I wrote out 'perfect essays' to revise from for all of the representations e.g. age, gender. I also revise audiences for the texts along with theory's and terminology. It's helpful to re watch clips from the the texts as well.
what do people predict will come up for question 3?
Reply 11
We got a video on the intro to the rugby last year, but as you say its paper based this year
Reply 12
Personally I think the representation question will be on ethnicity, this topic hasn't come up since 2010 and is long over due!

As we know the unseen text will be a still image piece looking back at past papers which include a still image as the unseen text, representation has always been the last question (Question 3, the 30 marker)
Does anyone have any ethnicity texts?
what does everyone think question 3 will be, audience of representation?
yeah me too!
Reply 16
There's not been one still image paper that hasn't had representation as the last question so we could be in luck! Fingers crossed
Original post by annahale
what does everyone think question 3 will be, audience of representation?

I'm hoping representation, plus summer's question 3 was on audience so I feel it may be weird to have two audience questions in a row.

Can someone confirm that representation is only about:

Ethnicity

Issues

Events

Regional and National Identities

Been question spotting (despite being told not to look too much into it) and last year was all about regional and national identity and the 30 marks were on audience. The years before that were representation of age, issues and then gender (which was a print-based exam, like this year).

If that list of representation is right, surely ethnicity and events are overdue?

Opinions???
Reply 18
Original post by emma9612
I'm hoping representation, plus summer's question 3 was on audience so I feel it may be weird to have two audience questions in a row.

Can someone confirm that representation is only about:

Ethnicity

Issues

Events

Regional and National Identities

Been question spotting (despite being told not to look too much into it) and last year was all about regional and national identity and the 30 marks were on audience. The years before that were representation of age, issues and then gender (which was a print-based exam, like this year).

If that list of representation is right, surely ethnicity and events are overdue?

Opinions???

All correct! Ethnicity is a massive topic to not have shown up for 4 years so I agree it's long overdue.
could disability come up?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending