The Student Room Group

At what age do you usually start losing baby fat?

As above :smile: I still have baby fat and I hate it :angry:
Baby fat or are you just fat?
Reply 2
I assume once you start exercising and changing your diet?
Reply 3
Lol yeeeeeeeeeeeeahhhh, "baby" fat. That must be what it is
Original post by Scoobiedoobiedo
Baby fat or are you just fat?

Baby fat hahah
I was chubby up until the age of 17
Reply 6
Just keep waiting, the baby fat will magically dissappear with time.
The idea of 'baby fat' or 'puppy fat' is very much nonsense.

I had 'puppy fat' when I was 11. Turned out I was actually just fat. I waited until I was 16 and I was even fatter. I was fat when I was 20 as well. Then I started exercising and living healthily. It doesn't disappear, it's just a softly-softly excuse used to make kids feel better. If you're overweight as a young person you need to improve your lifestyle just like everyone else.
I have what you call baby fat. It's not baby fat. It's just fat.:eek: eat healthier and exercise.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Once you become a teenager it's probably not baby fat anymore :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by russellsteapot
The idea of 'baby fat' or 'puppy fat' is very much nonsense.

I had 'puppy fat' when I was 11. Turned out I was actually just fat. I waited until I was 16 and I was even fatter. I was fat when I was 20 as well. Then I started exercising and living healthily. It doesn't disappear, it's just a softly-softly excuse used to make kids feel better. If you're overweight as a young person you need to improve your lifestyle just like everyone else.

i've seen young children who did more exercise and ate better than me(i've always been a twig) and still look 'overweight', yet as soon as they had a growth spurt it all just fell off. I don't think it's a saying to make them feel better, in some cases it is down to lack of a healthy lifestyle but for others they simply can't do anything about it until they grow
Once you've grown to your full height and you're still a bit chubby... That ain't baby fat that's just regular old fat.

Diet and exercise are your friends.

I had the opposite problem, I finally gained some fat as an adult, having been a stick insect for a teenager.
Original post by TNA123
i've seen young children who did more exercise and ate better than me(i've always been a twig) and still look 'overweight', yet as soon as they had a growth spurt it all just fell off. I don't think it's a saying to make them feel better, in some cases it is down to lack of a healthy lifestyle but for others they simply can't do anything about it until they grow

It happens with some people, especially young children. But fat infants make fat adolescents and they make fat adults. I think it's safer to go with a majority and suggest a healthier lifestyle, because it's not going to harm those who do lose it naturally, but it's propogating a myth for the majority who aren't going to lose it.
Reply 14
You're just fat mate.
I had lost mine by three. Cause growing up, I was always a skinny child.
Reply 16
I want to lose weight because I don’t like how I am but my mum keeps on saying I look fine you will lose your puppy fat but when do you actually lose you puppy fat I just want to be skin like all my mates in school
Stop bumping a 4 year old thread.

Read the FAQ and lose weight. ‘Puppy fat’ is just being fat but a growth spurt is imminent so that fat may well go away

Quick Reply

Latest