The Student Room Group

''Everybody's changing...''

As the title suggests (and to quote Keane), all my friends--most of whom have moved to uni--have changed and I feel like they've left me behind in the sense that I am pretty much the same.

For example, one of my closest friends has lost her virginity and regularly hooks up with guys, which is good as she has become more confident but I remember us both feeling anxious to have sex, and I still am. In general terms, all my friends are having a lot of sex and I haven't even come close to, I feel left out lol...like I'm too frigid or something.

So essentially, they all seem to be having a lot more fun at university, I am happy for them of course, but when we meet to exchange our experiences, I feel like I am really boring and I'm not making the most of my university experience. I know that deep down I am a very sociable person but I'm far too nervous to approach people and lose my inhibitions.

Has anyone felt the same, and if so, how did you overcome this shyness that impedes your ability to have fun?
Reply 1
Lie to them. Ask yourself this 'Do I want to be a whore like my friends?' If yes then please don't reproduce. If no then welcome to the triple digit IQ club.

Have fun.
(edited 10 years ago)
Honestly, I feel the same way about my friends. Our situations are slightly different though.

Most of my friends are older than me and some of them will be heading off to university next year. However, this year, many of my friends have started smoking and/or dabbling in light substance abuse, something that makes me quite uncomfortable. When I hang out with people who previously had an anti-drugs approach, I am literally terrified that I will have a sudden change in opinion.
Essentially it's the feeling that everyone has changed and grown up except me but not in the way any of them planned.

I wish you luck in your pursuit of change and I hope you manage to get over your nerves :smile:
Original post by Gondur
Lie to them. Ask yourself this 'Do I want to be a whore like my friends?' If yes then please don't reproduce. If no then welcome to the triple digit IQ club.

Have fun.

*raises eyebrow*

If a girl isn't into that, that's totally fine, but your whole tone seems passive-aggressive. Don't get me wrong, you might not want a relationship with a "lose" woman
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
I started to sing the song when I saw the thread title...

Anyway back to you, don't feel like that I'm sure you're having fun, just in your own way, going out drinking might not be your idea of fun but it is to your friend. Do you have friends at uni? Have you joined any societies?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending