The Student Room Group

I'm soft-spoken

I'm male. One of my friends said that I never raise my voice for any reason and I realised that this is completely true.

Is this likely to be a problem?
What do people think about soft-spoken people in general?

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
Might be a problem with the ladies, but it won't matter if you use my chat-up line. Do you want it?
Reply 2
You need the Voice of Emperor should you wish to rule these lands my dear netizen
Original post by The_Dragonborn
Might be a problem with the ladies, but it won't matter if you use my chat-up line. Do you want it?

I think he'd be okay to find it himself with the amount of times you've posted it :wink:
Who cares?

You are what you are.
Reply 5
As long as you aren't as monotone as this guy...
[video="youtube;dxPVyieptwA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxPVyieptwA[/video]
then it's fine...
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by LadyEcliptic
I think he'd be okay to find it himself with the amount of times you've posted it :wink:

I have one to use even when rain is forecasted now. :biggrin:
I have one to use even when rain is forecasted now. :biggrin:

Oh god lol :rolleyes:
Original post by TheGuy117
As long as you aren't as monotone as this guy...

[video="youtube;KS6f1MKpLGM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS6f1MKpLGM[/video]

then it's fine...

he's like the real life squidward :lol:
Oh god lol :rolleyes:

It's not my own though, and it doesn't work anywhere near as well as mine does.
It's not my own though, and it doesn't work anywhere near as well as mine does.

No one knows he way to the ladies heart like you do :h:
No one knows he way to the ladies heart like you do :h:

You are so right. Sometimes I feel sorry for all the guys around me crying that they can't get a lady's attention.

It is a combination of three things.

Perfect imperfections
Good chat-up lines
Alcohol
Sometimes with soft speakers I can't quite hear what they're saying and it leads to the good old 'how many times can I say pardon?' conundrum. Otherwise it's a nice quality. I project my voice too much (all those years of stage school and being picked as narrator in school plays!) and I always get told to be quiet! Would rather have a nice soft voice.
You are so right. Sometimes I feel sorry for all the guys around me crying that they can't get a lady's attention.

It is a combination of three things.

Perfect imperfections
Good chat-up lines
Alcohol

I don't think you could get any smoother :rolleyes:

Op there is nothing wrong with a soft voice, only thing that gets annoying though is people asking you to repeat yourself :tongue:
Reply 14

This ^^ :biggrin:
It's not that my voice is massively quiet but it's just I've been told that it has a 'gentle' feel to it. Not sure if that makes sense. :confused:
I am too, don't normally tend to shout. There's not too many problems TBH, just that people may not listen to some ideas you have if they're shouting over stuff, but just stay calm and voice your opinion normally.

Seeing as you're a teacher, it would probably help, no one likes a teacher who shouts all the time :tongue:
Original post by majmuh24
I am too, don't normally tend to shout. There's not too many problems TBH, just that people may not listen to some ideas you have if they're shouting over stuff, but just stay calm and voice your opinion normally.

Seeing as you're a teacher, it would probably help, no one likes a teacher who shouts all the time :tongue:

The only problem is that some naughty kids have remarked that they 'like' me because of the fact I don't raise my voice at them and I'm not as 'in their face' as other teachers. :mad:
Reply 18
Perfectly fine. Absolutely nothing wrong with it. It's a good trait to have. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
I work with 3 people who I'd consider to be 'soft-spoken'. We assume they are all gay but they claim they're not.

Quick Reply

Latest