The Student Room Group

In a bit of a situation, where can I stay? Advise please?

Hiya guys,

I'm in a bit of a situation if anyone could help out would be really great! So...
I have exams in 3 weeks based in London, however I'm not living in London atm, so I have a problem, how would I get there in time or where would I stay if I came the night before.

- my exams are morning start at 10 am
- It takes about 3 hours from where I am to London central
- then about 40mins from central London to my exam hall

If I travelled in the morning it'd mean waking up at 3.30am!! getting the earliest coach/train at something like 5am, then arriving at 8ish...travelling again and get there just before 9am. I don't think its a very good idea...I'd be very tired by the end of all that!

I'd like to come the day before, however my mum is totally against me staying at a hotel alone :rolleyes: & is adamant that I travel on the day! so any possible places I could stay?
I do a have a friend there but we're not that close, but I wouldn't know how to ask?! Never had to ask to stay over at someone's before?!
Another option, could my university let me stay at uni accommodation for a couple of nights & I pay a nightly rate?

Any ideas or solutions to this please. Sorry it's a bit long, I tend to write forever when I'm worried/anxious about something.

Thanks alot in advance!! Exams in two and half weeks! :redface:
Reply 1
If you want to stay at a hotel as this is the easiest option, then do it. You are an adult.

Ask your uni, it's probable that they will let you stay if they have a room.
Who do I get in contact with at university regarding this situation? As I'm not in london atm

Reply 3
Original post by Princess Kawaii
Hiya guys,

I'm in a bit of a situation if anyone could help out would be really great! So...
I have exams in 3 weeks based in London, however I'm not living in London atm, so I have a problem, how would I get there in time or where would I stay if I came the night before.

- my exams are morning start at 10 am
- It takes about 3 hours from where I am to London central
- then about 40mins from central London to my exam hall

If I travelled in the morning it'd mean waking up at 3.30am!! getting the earliest coach/train at something like 5am, then arriving at 8ish...travelling again and get there just before 9am. I don't think its a very good idea...I'd be very tired by the end of all that!

I'd like to come the day before, however my mum is totally against me staying at a hotel alone :rolleyes: & is adamant that I travel on the day! so any possible places I could stay?
I do a have a friend there but we're not that close, but I wouldn't know how to ask?! Never had to ask to stay over at someone's before?!
Another option, could my university let me stay at uni accommodation for a couple of nights & I pay a nightly rate?

Any ideas or solutions to this please. Sorry it's a bit long, I tend to write forever when I'm worried/anxious about something.

Thanks alot in advance!! Exams in two and half weeks! :redface:

As Addiction has said booking into a travelodge or premier inn would be the easiest option- you know what you get with them and they are usually reasonably priced.
Are you commuting over 3 hours to uni? If you do go to uni in London then contact their accommodation services and see if they have anything, there may be rooms available due to people having dropped out.

I think you need to tell your Mum you won't be able to sit the exams unless you go down the night before though. You can't rely on everything running smoothly on such a long journey!
Reply 4
So your mother is okay with you staying alone at uni accommodation but not in a hotel? That's silly. Stay at a hotel.
Original post by Don6000
dear kaiwaii

there hotel 5 stars in heart of London at good price with all accommodation, and manager is Realy nice like your mother she is.

write me for more

The thread was from 6 years ago

Latest

Trending

Trending