The Student Room Group

Nuclear Weapons is a Big Sin - Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khamenei

[video="youtube_share;sgJbU0YW6kY"]http://youtu.be/sgJbU0YW6kY[/video]

Scroll to see replies

So Iran is going to disarm?
Original post by Three Mile Sprint
So Iran is going to disarm?

Iran has no nuclear weapons to begin with. Iran actually allows a lot of inspection by external regulatory bodies just to prove this.

They are planning for the future, when they run out of oil, and are investing in renewable energy.

The question is, will the US, Israel, etc throw away all of their nuclear arsenal?(The US ironically dropped a nuclear bomb over hiroshima).

Iran passes initial UN test over nuclear weapons programme

Iran appeared to have passed a stiff international test on its suspected nuclear weapons programme yesterday when the United Nations nuclear watchdog said Tehran had supplied its inspectors with a "comprehensive" record of a project that goes back 20 years.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2003/nov/01/iran.unitednations

Before someone says Iran hates jews, please watch this.

<a rel="nofollow" rel="nofollow" href="http://www.theguardian.com/world/2003/nov/01/iran.unitednations" target="_blank"><font size="4"><strong>[video="youtube_share;R-r04SQ97_Q"]http://youtu.be/R-r04SQ97_Q[/video]

(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Zainabahlulbayt
Iran has no nuclear weapons to begin with. Iran actually allows a lot of inspection by external regulatory bodies just to prove this.

They are planning for the future, when they run out of oil, and are investing in renewable energy.

The question is, will the US, Israel, etc throw away all of their nuclear arsenal?(The US ironically dropped a nuclear bomb over hiroshima).

[h="1"]Iran passes initial UN test over nuclear weapons programme[/h]Iran appeared to have passed a stiff international test on its suspected nuclear weapons programme yesterday when the United Nations nuclear watchdog said Tehran had supplied its inspectors with a "comprehensive" record of a project that goes back 20 years.

What a shame, I thought Iran was the only thing standing between Israel..oh well.
Reply 4
Because world leaders never say one thing and change their minds later. Iran has acted very suspiciously with their nuclear program and I would't be surprised if they aimed to achieve break out capacity.
More naivety from these peace loving do gooders.

Do they not realise that we live in an uncertain world, investment in nuclear weapons isn't just about the here and now, nobody can predict what threats we will face in the future, China, North Korea etc, who else will be armed.

If Iran doesn't invest in nuclear weapons and they are held to nuclear blackmail in the future then its their own fault.

Would you feel happy if a British PM was saying nuclear weapons are sinful and so we aren't going to replace Trident...?
when is hypocrite israel going to disarm? they have 400 warheads undeclared their fore they are solely the only and biggest threat to the ME, i dont hear anyone telling them to disarm, their is 0 evidence that iran has any,

Thats great, the international community will have no problem with their wind farm, tidal and solar technology and they should be applauded for it.
Original post by zainabahlulbayt
iran has no nuclear weapons to begin with. Iran actually allows a lot of inspection by external regulatory bodies just to prove this.

The question is, will the us, israel, etc throw away all of their nuclear arsenal?(the us ironically dropped a nuclear bomb over hiroshima).

iran passes initial un test over nuclear weapons programme

iran appeared to have passed a stiff international test on its suspected nuclear weapons programme yesterday when the united nations nuclear watchdog said tehran had supplied its inspectors with a "comprehensive" record of a project that goes back 20 years.

lol true israel has 400 and no one asks them to disarm, and they never once allowed an inspection
What a shame, I thought Iran was the only thing standing between Israel..oh well.
Pakistan?
Original post by Aj12
Because world leaders never say one thing and change their minds later. Iran has acted very suspiciously with their nuclear program and I would't be surprised if they aimed to achieve break out capacity.

Suspicious by allowing stringent investigations by non-iranian international regulatory bodies and giving them a 20 years worth of back-log?

[video="youtube_share;cjLXvqqfIpY"]http://youtu.be/cjLXvqqfIpY[/video]

Beware of the minority spreading lies about shiite muslims. Shia muslims all believe. Many people on tsr have started to call me an apostate/insult my beliefs.

1. There is no God but Allah swt, and only him do we ultimately rely on. He can never be seen, has no 'form' or 'confine' because it is an injustice to the almighty to say he has a form, can be seen, moves.
2. That Muhammed peace and blessings be upon him, is the greatest man and the seal of the prophets pbuh.
3. No Imam has 'complete knowledge of the unseen', , this is kufr. Furthermore, we believe the Imams a.s are slaves of Allah swt, and have no power nor knowledge independent of what Allah swt permits them to have. The final Imam is the Mahdi a.s.
4. That sunni's are our MUSLIM brothers and sisters.
5. We do not class Abubakr, Umar, nor Uthman among the great companions, but it is FORBIDDEN to abuse them in shia islam. We merely state places where we feel we disagreed with their actions, and our view on such matters. We also LOVE the Sahabah, the loyal ones, the matyr's of badr, and many many more, ranging from Ibn Abbas (r.a), to Hazrat Hamza(r.a) to Bilal (r.a) to Abudhar (r.a)..(i could keep on going)
6. We follow the Sunnah of Muhammed pbuh, as preserved by the ahlulbayt a.s and the pious companions.
7. Only a minority of shias self-flagetllate. This is considered impermissible by a vast number of our most emminent scholars.
8. Be careful when you find anyone quoting Al-Kafi , we do not consider every hadith sahih or hasan, many could be 'daef'. We use the sciences of hadith on each and every one. When you count all the hadiths, you still get to over as many sahih hadiths as Bukhari.

Grand Ayatullah Khamenei

Ayatullah Khamenei, in his position as the Hakim Al-Shari’i has given a Hukm forbidding blood flagellation. A hukm is binding on all Muslims, unlike a fatwa.

Question 1450:
Is hitting oneself with swords halal if it is done in secret? Or is your fatwa in this regard universal?

Answer:
In addition to the fact that it is not held in the common view as manifestations of mourning and grief and it has no precedent at the lifetime of the Imams (a.s.) and even after that and we have not received any tradition quoted from the Infallibles (a.s.) about any support for this act, be it privately or publicly, this practice would, at the present time, give others a bad image of our school of thought. Therefore, there is no way that it can be considered permissible.

A whole host of rulings from the most emminent shia-scholars against self harm: http://tatbir.org/?page_id=98

With regards to insulting the companions, shia's love the loyal companions of Muhammed pbuh. Ofcourse, there are some we do not regard highly, but it is harram to revile and mock them.

Ayatollah Khamenei issued a fatwa, declared unlawful the insulting Prophet's wife Aisha, and any of the Sunni Islamic symbols.

Ayatollah Khamenei issued a fatwa, declared unlawful the insulting Prophet's wife Aisha, and any of the Sunni Islamic symbols.

Islamic World widely welcomed the fatwa, Rohama reported.

The leader of Islamic revolution in response to question announced: "insulting the symbols of the Sunni brothers, including the Prophet Muhammad's wife [Aisha] is forbidden. This includes the women of all prophets and especially the holy Prophet Muhammad ."
Source: Rohama
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 12
Suspicious by allowing stringent investigations by non-iranian international regulatory bodies and giving them a 20 years worth of back-log?

No I mean suspicious by doing research into nuclear bomb triggers. As well as building their research facilities in bunkers.
Original post by MarkAustinPowers
when is hypocrite israel going to disarm? they have 400 warheads undeclared their fore they are solely the only and biggest threat to the ME, i dont hear anyone telling them to disarm, their is 0 evidence that iran has any,

Israel is a liberal democracy; there is not a chance in hell that it would use its nukes aggressively. Iran is a theocracy with a former leader who called for the genocide of Jews and/or the destruction of Israel. The world needs to make sure Iran doesn't ever get nuclear weapons (unless it turns into a liberal democracy, which seems unlikely currently). I don't want to live in a world in which we are slaves to the desires of backward theocrats.

Far from being the biggest threat to the middle east, Israel remains its greatest hope for peace and freedom.
Original post by felamaslen
Israel is a liberal democracy; there is not a chance in hell that it would use its nukes aggressively.

Israel are the same group that broke international law by using chemical weapons in the 2009 Gaza war?

Iran is a theocracy with a former leader who called for the genocide of Jews and/or the destruction of Israel. The world needs to make sure Iran doesn't ever get nuclear weapons (unless it turns into a liberal democracy, which seems unlikely currently). I don't want to live in a world in which we are slaves to the desires of backward theocrats.

That is an utter and complete lie. President Ahmadinejad never once called upon the death or genocide of jews. Not only do Jewish people have a thriving community in Iran, they also have representatives in government.

What did president Ahmadinejad say? He said zionism is what needs to be gotten rid of.

Infact, there are also anti-zionist jews, the government of Israel who illegally build settlements regularly breaking international law.

Here is the truth:

[video="youtube_share;_vYXcna8Pxw"]http://youtu.be/_vYXcna8Pxw[/video]

Far from being the biggest threat to the middle east, Israel remains its greatest hope for peace and freedom.

Saudi Arabia , Israel, and Alqaeda and the US are probably the biggest threats. The UK has just voted not to wage military action in Syria, which was a slap on the face of the US, we aren't being fooled into another war.
Pakistan?

Pakistan has around 100-200 big ones.

Posted from TSR Mobile
IRANS JEWISH COMMUNITY

[video="youtube_share;vPEw4hsAn_M"]http://youtu.be/vPEw4hsAn_M[/video]
Reply 17

Because every country around Israel wants to blow it to kingdom come and having a nuclear deterrent is keeping them safe?

Saudi Arabia, Israel, Alqaeda and the US are probably the biggest threats. The UK has just voted not to wage military action in Syria, which was a slap on the face of the US, we aren't being fooled into another war.

Completely agree.
Israel are the same group that broke international law by using chemical weapons in the 2009 Gaza war?

Already been through this on another thread. Here's a comparison: the UK committed war crimes in WWII. Doesn't mean they weren't the side to support.

That is an utter and complete lie. President Ahmadinejad never once called upon the death or genocide of jews. Not only do Jewish people have a thriving community in Iran, they also have representatives in government.

What did president Ahmadinejad say? He said zionism is what needs to be gotten rid of.

Infact, there are also anti-zionist jews, the government of Israel who illegally build settlements regularly breaking international law.

Please. Ahmadinejad was a holocaust denier and a tyrant. Most Persian Jews live in Israel, and the immigration out of Iran has been accelerating since 1979, for obvious reasons. Iran is an oppressive country in comparison to Israel (and the US, where a lot of Persian Jews also emigrated). I'm not a fan of Zionism, but when Ahmadinejad says that Zionism is the problem, what he really means is that Israel is the problem, and that it must be got rid of. And I am saying that not only would this reverse what little progress there has been in the way of human rights in the region, but also that it constitutes a real threat to Israel's existence, which totally justifies Israel's possession of nuclear weapons. As if you need more justification, Israel has also had to fight for its survival in 1948 as well as 1967. Iran is the aggressor here, not Israel.

I don't care what specific Jews (or specific anyone) think(s), and neither do I think Israel is some innocent little angel with no blood on its hands. But it's better than Iran and the rest of the middle east.

Saudi Arabia , Israel, and Alqaeda and the US are probably the biggest threats. The UK has just voted not to wage military action in Syria, which was a slap on the face of the US, we aren't being fooled into another war.

Saudi Arabia and Al Qaeda are some of the biggest threats to human rights ever, so I'll agree with you there. The US is the greatest defender of human liberty of the 20th century and perhaps ever, despite claims to the contrary. Israel fights tyrannies and is the only real democracy in the region, so it is perverse to say that it constitutes the "biggest threat" or even a threat at all. Do you honestly believe human rights in the middle east would be better without Israel? If so you have a totally absurd definition of what human rights actually are. (Or maybe human rights aren't your goal).
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending