The Student Room Group

OCR AS psychology

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by SophF_rth
Ah okay, brilliant thanks.

Glad I helped :smile:
Original post by sawenexo
Yes!! I'm so happy UNIT 2 is after half term, since it's harder than UNIT 1 :biggrin: OMG I'm like doing at least 2 core studies revision everyday and doing questions on them... and for politics I'm just reading over notes making flashcards etc :frown: Urgh I swear this investigations paper better be good because I've done almost all the past papers and I'm getting around 45 out of 60 so now it's just revising the keywords and strengths and weaknesses! I really want to get an A in investigations because it will help a lot with my overall grade

Yeah, those 40m are killers! Yeah I should probably try and do something like that. Only 9 days left till that exam. :eek:
It really will, just hate the 30/70 weighting. That's pretty good, so i'm sure by Tuesday you'll be all prepared. :biggrin:
Reply 82
Does anyone have an idea on what topics are gonna come up for psychological investigations? I'm thinking correlation, self-report and experiment.
Reply 83
Original post by Pixie A
Does anyone have an idea on what topics are gonna come up for psychological investigations? I'm thinking correlation, self-report and experiment.

I was thinking the exact same. I don't think observation will come up yet I'm hoping it does! Any predictions for the core studies?
Reply 84
i think observation,experiment and self report will come up
Reply 85
Which studies came up in the investigations last year does anyone know? Because the one that didn't come up last year will be in this paper
Reply 86
Which studies came up in the investigations last year does anyone know? Because the one that didn't come up last year will be in this paper

observation,self report and correlation came up ,so experiment didn't come up last year
Reply 87
Original post by happy11
observation,self report and correlation came up ,so experiment didn't come up last year

Ahh thanks! Well then I guess experiment, observation and self-report will come up but who know they might give us correlation instead of observation you can't really guess with this one :s
27.5hrs till the exam for me :redface:
well I have a friend that has found out the questions and I can tell you that they will be on integration, differentiation, binomial expansion and attachment/day care/institutionalisation with relation to the trapezium rule 2
Reply 90
Original post by danny weasel
well I have a friend that has found out the questions and I can tell you that they will be on integration, differentiation, binomial expansion and attachment/day care/institutionalisation with relation to the trapezium rule 2

That's not what this exam is - this is investigations AS level psychology - not A2 :smile:
Reply 91

Is that core 2 maths? :/
Reply 92
Good luck tomorrow everyone, take it from me, it really isn't as hard as it seems, just remember your context and you'll ace it :smile:

Bold is core 2?!
Italics is AQA A unit 1
Original post by ttreb
Good luck tomorrow everyone, take it from me, it really isn't as hard as it seems, just remember your context and you'll ace it :smile:

Thanks! I'm feeling OK about this exam. I feel like I know all the content it's just applying it and context is sooo important!

Good Luck everyone! Are you all on study leave?
Thanks! I'm feeling OK about this exam. I feel like I know all the content it's just applying it and context is sooo important!

Good Luck everyone! Are you all on study leave?

No sadly, my study leave starts next week but we have to come in for our lessons until the exam has finished... So it's not even study leave -.-

And yeah good luck everyone :smile: I agree, context is the most important. I think that was my problem last year. I put context in the first point but not in the second because I felt like I had already done it. For example:

A researcher conducted a study to investigate the behaviour of people sitting on a bench.
Give one strength and one weakness in using structured observation in this study [4]

1. A strength is that it uses quantitative data meaning it is easier to compare and analyse ...
2. so the researcher can categorise the behaviours of the participants sitting on the bench much quicker than qualitative data.
3. A weakness is that the structured observation may lead the researcher to miss out unusual behaviour which could be important.

Make sure you add another bit for context!

4. This means that the structured observation is limiting the data of the participant's behaviour who are sitting on the bench.

Just missing that can lose you so many marks in this paper. It really counts.

So good luck everybody!
Ohhhh I just had my geography edexcel Unit 1 Global challenges exam and I must say that Im not worried about Investigations. I think it will be absolutely fine! Just revise do past papers ( latest ones in this time)

Goood luck everyone :smile:
Original post by janicee
No sadly, my study leave starts next week but we have to come in for our lessons until the exam has finished... So it's not even study leave -.-

And yeah good luck everyone :smile: I agree, context is the most important. I think that was my problem last year. I put context in the first point but not in the second because I felt like I had already done it. For example:

A researcher conducted a study to investigate the behaviour of people sitting on a bench.
Give one strength and one weakness in using structured observation in this study [4]

1. A strength is that it uses quantitative data meaning it is easier to compare and analyse ...
2. so the researcher can categorise the behaviours of the participants sitting on the bench much quicker than qualitative data.
3. A weakness is that the structured observation may lead the researcher to miss out unusual behaviour which could be important.

Make sure you add another bit for context!

4. This means that the structured observation is limiting the data of the participant's behaviour who are sitting on the bench.

Just missing that can lose you so many marks in this paper. It really counts.

So good luck everybody!

Mine starts on Friday :/ That is slightly rubbish but in some ways its not bad, I guess you did AS last year? That must have left like you never left if you had a few exams right at the end. How did you do in CS? It seems horrendous.
Stupid damn context.

Original post by AyeshaAK
x

ah first exam, how did it go? Yea we will all do fabulously I know it!
Reply 98
Mine starts on Friday :/ That is slightly rubbish but in some ways its not bad, I guess you did AS last year? That must have left like you never left if you had a few exams right at the end. How did you do in CS? It seems horrendous.
Stupid damn context.

ah first exam, how did it go? Yea we will all do fabulously I know it!

Hey, is your exam at 1:30pm?
Hey, is your exam at 1:30pm?

2pm :biggrin: :biggrin: 9.30 for morning!

You?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending