The Student Room Group

Dumping current girlfriend for someone more attractive?

What you do if you came across a girl who was more attractive than your current girlfriend and had the hots for you? Would you dump your current partner for her? Just curious .

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
What you do if you came across a girl who was more attractive than your current girlfriend and had the hots for you? Would you dump your current partner for her? Just curious .

I would, if this more attractive girl was also nice and not just hot. But this is more down to the fact that I'm not feeling so great with my current girlfriend.
Your current girlfriend like any other girl probably would have had a load of boys come up to her. But she choose you so yeah would be kinda harsh dumping her just because you found someone more attractive :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Who wouldn't.......Unless youv'e been with her for a few years.
Reply 4
Need to consider a lot of things - is the new one as willing; and also is it going to cost a lot? If you're going to have to do the whole first date thing and presents - I just wouldn't bother.

Hell no! There are plenty of people that are going to be more attractive than you but there's a difference between love and lust - and looks fade as well

Its nice to have a mix of an average looking person but with an awesome personality IMO!

Compared to perhaps a really attractive girl who lacks personality, is a complete bitch to people or who can't hold a conversation past their hair, makeup and the x factor..

Of course you will get really attractive girls with personalities but that's just the comparison I'm making here
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
Well it would certainly make you a massive ****. But yes, dump her so she may find someone better than you who appreciates her.
Reply 7

So if someone else came along who was 'hotter' than her, would you dump her too?
Reply 8
I seriously think this place is turning into mumsnet.

Ok. Don't "dump her". Have a mature conversation and dialogue about how you think the relationship has reached its conclusion given your ages and where you are in life, and that you'd like to complete the relationship now - on relative good terms; with good memories, rather than have it fizzle out or end in acrimony.

So that you can go out with someone better looking.

I think that's a bit odd, personally... If you love someone I think it goes a bit deeper than how attractive they are, but there you go.
Also, what if you keep finding someone "more attractive" than your current gf?

I think in this situation, you'd be better off dumping her, so she can find someone who actually appreciates her :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd break up with her if I were you because you don't seem to appreciate what you have
Reply 11
Lol this is the very reason I don't have a girlfriend. My fear is that I'll end up cheating tbh. I.e finding a girl attractive both in personality and in looks, but not enough that if someone better came along, I couldn't promise I wouldn't cheat. As a result, I stay out of the relationship game. Look man, do the honourable thing and dump the girl. People shouldn't be relationship if they feel they're going to cheat.
... is a pretty despicable thing to do, tbh. I feel sorry for your girlfriend.
I think when you have a good relationship, you don't think this way. I still look at other girls, but I never think "she's fitter than my girlfriend, she isn't, she isn't, she's about the same...". Attraction is more than physical. Break up with her.
Reply 14
You are just not ready for ANY relationship
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Br33gu11
Dump her.

She deserves someone who won't consider ending things the moment someone 'hotter' comes along.

This and many other replies.. OP never said he has a girlfriend? He was just asking this question on a general level.

Why is everyone replying to him as if he was asking about what to do with his relationship? He was asking people for opinions on what they would do.
Reply 16
You realise you won't be with anyone if you keep dumping your partners the moment someone 'hotter' comes into your life? Do you not pay any attention to personality or connecting with someone and feeling something for them? If not, then you shouldn't be in a relationship.
Reply 17
Who said I was the one in this situation?
(edited 10 years ago)
Dump her brah. Survival of the fittest
Reply 19
But let's be honest looks matter girls judge guys on looks all the time e.g height etc but the moment a guy does it we are shallow. Double effing standards. Frankly every guy wants to be with a girl that makes others envious and makes it worth having kids with. You could settle for less but let's be honest you'd never be satisfied. You'd have to think about someone more attractive to keep it up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending