The Student Room Group

Tinder: tell us your success stories

For any people who have used Tinder, have you actually managed to meet people from it? I know a friend of mine (male) who is only average looking and he's met a couple of pretty girls from there just for casual sex.

Tell us your success stories and please also write these first about yourself:

-M / F - male or female
-And rate your own looks from 1 to 4 (just so its easier, sort of roughly to categorise yourself by looks)

Lets start:
-Male
-21 years old
-3/4

Haven't had a match yet but only just started using it..

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm sure tinder will quickly let you know whether you are realllyy a 3/4....

F 19 4 :wink: - pretty much get a match whenever I like anyone but I hear guys aren't picky on there whereas I am...
Got annoyed with it and deleted and redownloaded it 4 times so far.
Had a couple of offers of drinks which I cba, then a few errrr more crude introductions.
Plus the murderer looking guy who my friends thought it would be lolz to FaceTime and tell him my friends number lol!
Or the creep who they told my halls too and my number and told him to come up - they asked of he had handcuffs and instead he volunteered to bring his anal lube o.0 he was sooo weird and creepy!
Oh and the old man who was soo not 45 and wanted to go to the sauna and swimming and he had a cute little dog.

It's mainly a tool for my friends to harass people with ngl.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by marinaim
I'm sure tinder will quickly let you know whether you are realllyy a 3/4....

F 19 4 :wink: - pretty much get a match whenever I like anyone but I hear guys aren't picky on there whereas I am...
Got annoyed with it and deleted and redownloaded it 4 times so far.
Had a couple of offers of drinks which I cba, then a few errrr more crude introductions.
Plus the murderer looking guy who my friends thought it would be lolz to FaceTime and tell him my friends number lol!
Or the creep who they told my halls too and my number and told him to come up - they asked of he had handcuffs and instead he volunteered to bring his anal lube o.0 he was sooo weird and creepy!
Oh and the old man who was soo not 45 and wanted to go to the sauna and swimming and he had a cute little dog.

It's mainly a tool for my friends to harass people with ngl.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't put a proper profile pic yet so that's why I haven't even tried properly yet.

Would this be ok for someone with a very nice body and average/slightly cute face:

1st. profile pic with no shirt but cannot see face so well (just to get some first interest)
2nd. a clear face picture
3rd. a face picture where I'm actually doing something. e.g. out with friends

Lol @ those stories!
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I haven't put a proper profile pic yet so that's why I haven't even tried properly yet.

Would this be ok for someone with a very nice body and average/slightly cute face:

1st. profile pic with no shirt but cannot see face so well (just to get some first interest)
2nd. a clear face picture
3rd. a face picture where I'm actually doing something. e.g. out with friends

Lol @ those stories!

Lol, 1 is exactly too telling - as soon as it's a topless and no head shot you know they don't look good. I would not go for it!
A nice beachey full body would be better for a first one, so it doesn't look like you're hiding something so obviously.
Otherwise it's okay.
Nevvvveeer ever put a group photo first.

Guys make the mistake of putting loads of group photos or of themselves hammered not a good look.
Also a description is always helpful.

Oh and there was a guy who was a dancer with matching yellow hat and shoes who my friends were trying to convince he was gay. If he ever sees me I am so dead.. :tongue:
Reply 4
Ok so I signed up for this when I read this thread and also because I've read about it in some articles etc.

So far I've gotten four matches:-

One of them seemed like an automated bot that was talking to me. Tried to get me to add a snapchat screen name.
One, who I suspect was hammered, kept saying incredibly filthy things and being quite flirty. Although, she was just messing around.
One was unresponsive.
Just exchanged numbers with another; but I suspect its going nowhere.
Reply 5
0 matches ever ****
18. Female.

Spoke to A LOT of people and most are after something casual so from there the conversation stops.

Spoke to others who want to be just friends but the conversation fades away.

Gave one person my number. We spoke quite a bit for around 2/3 weeks but now nothing. I really clicked with him and everything, it's so weird... We'd text a lot every day and we even spoke for hours on the phone/Skype. I told him I was a virgin and wouldn't do anything casual. I think that's why he stopped texting me. I didn't say it directly... It was just in conversation. It was so weird I feel like I really knew the guy and everything and now nothing.

Not been on there for ages. I feel no one else makes an effort and every conversation fades away anyway.

It'd be interesting to see if anyone has actually made good friends from there or got into a relationship.
25, M.

Biggest success for me was a French woman who's a teacher who sent me a message saying she was specifically looking for meeting up, having a few drinks and then having sex. I guess I lost major man points by rejecting her simply because I'm not that kind of a guy. Probably when I'm old and impotent I'll regret it.

Aside from that, my biggest win was after I removed the Tinder app and forgot about it for a while. Then last week I decided to get it again just for a laugh. It turns out your pictures stay up on Tinder anyway because as soon as I went on it and started swiping through peoples' images I got 38 matches. I'm quite selective with who I say 'yes' to as well. I get quite a few matches every week. Ego boost!
Female, 25 (was 24 when I used it), 3 (probably a 4 in the pics I used!).

Got it when it was really popular and pretty much everyone was using it where I live. I'd say about 90% of the people I swiped I got a match with (that's not being big headed, it's just what happens to a lot of girls). At one point I was talking to about 20 different guys at the same time and it got ridiculous. I had over 100 matches on the side bar. I deleted it for a while but then something drew me back in.

Started chatting to a guy and we got pretty close, talked on Facebook and on the phone. Went to meet him but he turned out to be a bit odd and nothing like I expected. He got back with his ex a few days later so I guess I was just some sort of rebound.

A few weeks after that I started talking to a guy who seemed pretty cool. We met up the following week and I didn't expect anything to come of it due to my previous disaster. However, it went well and we've been together since. About 5 months now :smile: I always forget that's actually how we met! We've told our families we met in a pub.
Original post by Pessimisterious
25, M.

Biggest success for me was a French woman who's a teacher who sent me a message saying she was specifically looking for meeting up, having a few drinks and then having sex. I guess I lost major man points by rejecting her simply because I'm not that kind of a guy. Probably when I'm old and impotent I'll regret it.

Aside from that, my biggest win was after I removed the Tinder app and forgot about it for a while. Then last week I decided to get it again just for a laugh. It turns out your pictures stay up on Tinder anyway because as soon as I went on it and started swiping through peoples' images I got 38 matches. I'm quite selective with who I say 'yes' to as well. I get quite a few matches every week. Ego boost!

Dudeeeeeeeeee wtf , was she hot ?

what are you even on the app for lol , looking for the bloody virgin mary or something ?
Reply 10
Original post by Jaegon Targaryen
Dudeeeeeeeeee wtf , was she hot ?

what are you even on the app for lol , looking for the bloody virgin mary or something ?

I'm thinking he got catfished.
Reply 11
Definitely not a four , you shouldn't really be flattered , being a female you automatically qualify for the bangzone on the app and any guy desperate enough to go on there will eagerly pump and dump you.

lol you're not very clever now are you.
You say that like I'm on there looking for a relationship? what do you think I am 15 haha.
lol you're not very clever now are you.
You say that like I'm on there looking for a relationship? what do you think I am 15 haha.

I can't find a trace in that post which would insinuate you are on there looking for a relationship , I simply suggested you shouldn't be flattered with the attention you receive , and you are by no means a four.

Ofc not , you just wanted a quick shag right , believable given your past posts on here
Original post by James Gee
I'm thinking he got catfished.

You never know
Reply 14
I can't find a trace in that post which would insinuate you are on there looking for a relationship , I simply suggested you shouldn't be flattered with the attention you receive , and you are by no means a four.

Ofc not , you just wanted a quick shag right , believable given your past posts on here

Lol I'm not partial to your opinion because your comments I've read before have made me take anything you say as stupid :tongue: I said myself that most guys say yes to anything, I didn't say I was flattered by Tinder because I have other means of being flattered. Again, your opinion and not shared by everyone. Fail to see why you care so much about me :wink:
This thread is about sharing stories.
And what does that mean?
I don't see the point in it, I haven't even looked into it tbh, what if an acquaintance sees you on there? That would be so awkward.
Lol I'm not partial to your opinion because your comments I've read before have made me take anything you say as stupid :tongue: I said myself that most guys say yes to anything, I didn't say I was flattered by Tinder because I have other means of being flattered. Again, your opinion and not shared by everyone. Fail to see why you care so much about me :wink:
This thread is about sharing stories.
And what does that mean?

tsr doesn't count love

I care so much because I obviously want your sweet little ass for myself.

it means sloots gon sloot.
Reply 17
Is this the meet and screw app or is that grindr? All these apps make me feel old. Never used any

marinaim
x

You're a 2 :sad: unless you mean your painting skills. Then you are a 4. :yes:
Original post by Anonymous
For any people who have used Tinder, have you actually managed to meet people from it? I know a friend of mine (male) who is only average looking and he's met a couple of pretty girls from there just for casual sex.

Tell us your success stories and please also write these first about yourself:

-M / F - male or female
-And rate your own looks from 1 to 4 (just so its easier, sort of roughly to categorise yourself by looks)

Lets start:
-Male
-21 years old
-3/4

Haven't had a match yet but only just started using it..

Female
19 years
I'd say 2 or a 3 if I'm dressed up all nicely (Also low self-esteem)

Had about 300 matches in a month. Met with three of them. One was a casual date. Was a laugh. I'm not interested in anything serious relationship wise atm.
Reply 19
tsr doesn't count love

I care so much because I obviously want your sweet little ass for myself.

it means sloots gon sloot.

I didn't mean TSR either dear....
Well tbh I can't see any reason for your obsession when it's not even related to the thread - haven't seen you contribute anything meaningful.Or to anything... ever.. :rolleyes:
Just because you're a slut doesn't mean you need to try to offload that on other people for no reason :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending